First Frost Oct 9Th

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Hemp growp, Sep 6, 2014.

1. We'll my area we always get our first frost in October, and I was wondering my plant still didn't really process any buds like last year in early September I'll show you a close up and share opinions, and will It be possible to take it inside in October and put it under light? Cus I don't know if I'll have enough time to get bud 3-4weeks, last year I had bud on my plant in early august but it's just starting pretty much right now in early September this year! I'm pretty noobish grower so plz don't hate ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410033853.162165.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410033875.345016.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410033891.811852.jpg

smoking dank for 6 years straight

2. Man I'm having the same prob with 3 of mine the rest are all monsters already. Mine are about the same stage as yours. I don't have a light and mine are rooted not in pots so I don't have the option to bring them indoors. I think on going to get screwed. I'm a first time grow so I can't give you any help just thought I'd comment first lol. Damn northern lats

Sent from my Z750C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. BudTreky, yeah bro I don't want this years to go completely to waste lol but hey man Goodluck with your grow!!!

smoking dank for 6 years straight

4. If the plants are no too huge build a simple $12 greenhouse.

6 peices of #3 rebar (3/8") 3 peices of 1/2" X 10" pvc pipe and some plastic sheeting. Pull the plastic off on warm days

View attachment 1429760
    View attachment 1432605

5. Do u know what strain ur growing, nice looking plant!!

When the first frost comes bring it inside and put it on 12/12 cycle..u can cover it up for a few frosts

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410052513.304007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Same here I've been growing outside for years and I've the same problem no buds yet

8. Yeah it will be coming in plus I've 20 cuttings off it as well dude

9. Sky's the limit

right on, a big girl like that does not even miss the 20 cuttings.

11. Not at all dude it's almost 7ft tall and smells so sweat :)

12. Consider yourself lucky we had a frost advisory tonight, and my plants are only 3 weeks into flower

Sky's the limit

13. If you bring them in, do it slowly because the chance in temps might shock them a bit. Maybe bring her in an hour under the lights and see how she likes it and work her up between now and then so she is ready to bring in full time when the weather goes south.

14. I'd suggest mulching heavily around your plants. Lots of dry leaves will help keep the ground from freezing. Decomposing organic matter actually releases heat. That why snakes and lizards like piles of leaves to sleep under. Also a cheap clear plastic tarp and a couple posts would really help protect them from the frost. Good luck.

15. Thanks for the input I'm going to do that for sure its 45 out right now I have a clear plastic over them.

Damn that tree is huge. I wish I had the height inside for that.

Good luck guys

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410935158.347026.jpg i checked it yesterday and is started to bud up smiles all round

17. Time to roll one me thinks that's one more