Perfectly Rolled J Wont Stay Lit?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by nudope, Sep 6, 2014.

1. I roll just about perfect cones and stuff em pretty good and they're rolled tight with raw organic papers.
    When I light it, the cherry dies within seconds and it's a black char instead of ash. I have to literally take hit after hit just to keep the cherry going. My joints used to burn perfect but the last week or so I can't get one to burn for the life of me D: what's happeninngggg

2. you roll them too tight. have some modesty too man you sound ridiculous lol 

3. Weed might not be fully dry.

4. I didn't even mean it as bragging hahaha I was stoned and pissed that my joint wouldn't light.

5. You can no longer roll perfect cones. Buy a bowl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

These were from july when I first started using papers instead of blunt wraps. They've gotten better with practice since then but don't burn the same  :(((((( I rolled the same weed in a blunt and it burned for 25 minutes and I didn't have to re-light it or fix the burn once. 

I did order these papers off of amazon a week ago..could they be knock off? They look just like any other pack of raw papers, just not burning for shit. It's charring my weeeeed.

Attached Files:

7. Maybe it wasn't packed in your paper properly. Or the weed was wet when it was in the joint

8. Define proper packing? haha sorry still a little nooby
    I have a bowl but I don't enjoy using it much lol.

I'm just going to pick up a few different types of papers from the local smoke shop and test them.  For some reason I'm doubting that the papers off amazon were authentic.

9. Hmmm I guess it's not the perfect joint eh?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

10. Sometimes tou have to pack somewhat tight into the joint and sometimes it needs to be looser. Bowls are more efficient. Why don't you enjoy it?

11. I started smoking using a bowl but it just hurts. It stings my throat when I take a hit and the smokes really hot. I think one time I even sucked a burning piece of bud into my throat.. not a fun experience.

12. Maybe look into a bubbler. Or even a vape

13. I was actually just looking at some bubblers at the headshop. It seems like the best choice for me because it's better than a bowl but smaller than a bong meaning I can hide it.

14. Exactly. Just keep it clean.

15. Black char ash and cherry going out points to one thing and one thing only.   Poorly flushed cannabis.  It has nothing to do with your roll ability.

How the fuck has noone said this already?

16. u need to loosen it up. rub it back and forth between your fingers. (im talking about the joint..) :D

17. how much does that affect the quality? cuz shit was still dank just not in a joint lol

18. When I get dank weed that doesn't stay lit in a joint, I either smoke it in a blunt or put it in a jar for a week or longer. Ive put it in a jar for 2 weeks or more before and that shit stay lit this time around. If I was you I'll ask if it blunt weed or everything weed lol.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

19. yeah when I put it in a blunt it burned very nicely and obviously it was good in the bong too.. just something about the paper I guess. Not enough there to aid the burning.

20. My thoughts exactly. 
    Happened to me once.  You had to hold the lighter to it. otherwise it goes out.  Then there's that 'signature' black ash. 
    Properly flushed and cured weed will have white/blue smoke and white ash that falls of the J with a slight flick.