Why Cant We Have Fun Without Drugs ?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Caliber1, Sep 5, 2014.

1. #21 schuy7, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014

We are at our natural state when we are engaged in the present moment. Wonderful things happen. You can still seek a cure for a headache while being in the present moment. Perhaps you should seek natural remedies.

I also suggest drinking AT LEAST eight cups of water every day. We are a dehydrated population and along with all the sugar we consume, we've become very irritable.

2. Resistance to the present moment, aka the ego, thinks that good things won't happen if we naturally let things happen. Out of fear, the ego has to attach to things, like the past and the idea of the future, to get a sense of self and stability. Relinquish all fear and let things happen as they are. Don't think that good things won't happen because you're not constantly thinking and planning for the future. There's no better way to prepare for the future than by being fully engaged in the present moment.

If we can't live in the present moment now, when can we? Tomorrow? Or maybe when tomorrow comes it'll have to be the next day?

3. I wasn't being serious at all

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Serotonin, dopamine and a state transitioning between alpha and theta, that's what fun is.

The glands that produce and the receptors that sense. Both effected by epigenetics.

Epigenetics are effected by the conditions an organism exists in. Thoughts are conditions.

What thoughts are the best and why?

5. whoa gotta take a dab before i read this lol

6. You can, it's just that your idea of fun may be flawed.  Anything external of you will ultimately lead to unhappiness.  Everything you can define is in constant decay and transition, nothing is ever the same moment to moment.  As type O negative said 'everything dies'.  However...there's something that's never been in decay, there's something that's inside you that's been with you since birth.  You may have looked different 10 years ago, but you may not feel much different, you certainly 'feel' like the same being, right?  There's something inside you that's a constant unchanging witness to life, your inner-most being if you will.  Find it, and find true joy in what you actually are.

In order for us human beings to observe this constantly decaying existence, there must be something witnessing that never decays or changes.  This unchanging infinite you that has no center to be found when searched for..  Something that never decays and never changes can therefore never terminate or perish.

“God is an infinite sphere, the center of which is everywhere, the circumference nowhere.” -Pascal

Really well said...