Why Cant We Have Fun Without Drugs ?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Caliber1, Sep 5, 2014.

1. (7) I realized, we're so...what's the word, desensitized to "fun."

When we were kids everything was awesome. Movies? AWESOME. Ice Cream? AWESOME
    Even going to the store was an adventure.

Now we be like Movies? Meh Ice cream? OK

Then we take a hit or a shot can enjoy these things like when we were kids

I;m not saying there is NO fun when sober but it never really reaches our child level of amusement. 

2. #2 -Samadhi-, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Having your own kids can take you back. Our daughter is 8 and my wife and I are always looking for new experiences for her. You kinda get to relive that wonder and "coolness" of discovering something again through their experience. No drugs required!

And if somebody asks me if I want ice cream.. I'm like "Fuck yeah!"... Who passes up a chance at ice cream?

3. LOL, its so true. As kids we were so vested in the moment, so intrigued, so happy, curious, angry...I really dislike it when people say "ohhhh ya know...being a kid is the best time in your life" your life SUCKS dude. We can all blame society, but what kind of a man are you to deduce yourself and not push through your weaknesses, heighten your strengths, and take risks.

But ya, being in my 20s it's hilariously sad to see so many resorting to drinking to have a good time, or doing party drugs. Weeds weed, some do it for this or for that, it's still a distraction however.

This is why I like meditation, afterwards the feeling of being aloof...knowing but not knowing. 

4. I may grow older, but i refuse to grow up. I have the emotional and mental maturity of a 13 year old. I am the original B&B on GC.

5. this is because experience is the fun.

The older we get the more experience we need to feel.pleasure

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'd have to say for the drug part, that after you do certain drugs with some close friends, you sort of bond and those times you spent trippin or rolling are very sentimental to you. And probably has something to do with the fact you release a shit ton of dopamine and serotonin when you do drugs, so you could actually not find enjoyment in things that normally entertained/pleasured you.

Just my $.02

7. Getting high or drunk gets boring too.

8. We can. We just choose not to. 

9. We get use to certain items in life. But NEVER say no to icecream! it is the bees knees's!

10. i think we find different ways to have fun maybe? and as we get older the more we experience things and well, lets face it... walmart isnt amazing after you have been 500 times.

11. Fully embrace the present moment, whatever it is. No resistance.

12. massive.migraine

Fuck yea! Live in the moment! This could be the last.migraine you ever get to experience!

13. Because drugs are awesome. I would compare it to eating a REALLY good steak the first time, it just kind of makes other food seem shittier lol. Drugs also alter your perception in a really easy way, unlike anything else does.

14. I am 41 and love to have fun high or sober. When I go to watch the drag races it takes all my Will power to not bust a nut watching a car do 170 in a 1/4 mile reminds me of when I used to drag race. I should have another car by next year to race again. I am even going to take a couple of road racing classes. Fuck I have a hard on and my wife is at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. When your a kid you don't pay for stuff. When you drunk you don't realize how much your spending.

Sent from........... wouldn't you like to know. Probably your mama's house.

Perhaps look for a cure? Maybe drink some water?

17. I was just poking fun at the always live for now idea

Isn't seeking a cure not living in the now? Its planning for the future of no more headache

you would be hard pressed to convince me that ice cream is not a drug...

anyways, i can have fun without drugs.

19. What is this "grow up" you refer to?