Colloidal Silver For Weeks -- No Balls

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by biggerbud11, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Hey guys!

I have 3 strains (AK47, Maui Waui and an unknown) -- I've been trying to make feminized seeds out of each. So far it has been a fail. The first set of plants got silvered for over 40 days and only one of the three showed any signs of balls (and they were pretty small). This group was getting sprayed once a day with a 30PPM solution I made from "natural path 500PPM" silver I found on Amazon. A few weeks in I also started spraying also with some silver I generated (I can never get my own silver over 20PPM). 

So now I'm trying my second set of plants and I've gone to spraying twice a day. Once in the morning with a 50PPM solution made from "ultra colloidal silver 240PPM" (I read elsewhere that people had success with that), and at night with my home-grown 20PPM. 

I'm getting really close to 21 days, and still no sign of balls. And I spray the crap out of them every time. One thing I've noticed is there is very little stress showing on the plants. They are just flowering like normal and look pretty healthy! Every journal I've read says their plants look sickly due to the stress from the silver. 

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

2. #2 Bongsauce, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    I made my own solution once...with a 9v battery and some chunks of a sterling silver earring.  It was pinkish color but I never tested the ppms. I'd spray every day (till it was dripping wet) I'd also spray the base of the stem at the soil in hopes it would absorb some through the roots as well. It was a gdp clone that eventually popped balls after 3 weeks in 12/12.  The pollen I collected ended up being sterile though. The plant didn't look sickly either..vigorous growth with great color. The plant I did this with was a clone that was about 5" tall at flowering....finished at about 16". I think the balls showed at about 3 weeks into flower and I chopped for the pollen at around week 6. It only took the balls a few days to open once they were formed

Do you have it under 12/12?

* oh now I see you said they're flowering normal...

3. Yeah, everything is 12/12 and I'm soaking it twice per day. Fingers crossed!

4. The problem is probably that you were using true colloidal silver and not ionised silver. People use the terms interchangeably, but there is a difference. Colloidal silver is clumps of silver atoms and very few silver ions. Ionic silver is just the opposite with mainly silver ions and very few clumps of silver atoms. 

Really cheap colloidal silver will usually contain enough ions to induce male flowers, but if you watered it down it may not. Making colloidal silver is actually hard to make, but ionic silver is very easy to make, just a silver coin, distilled water and a 9v battery.

-Loki

5. Who :confused_2: the hell figures this shit out in the first place...

6. My buddy has a collidial silver little machine that he makes in jars... If you want FEMS stress them girls with a light leak and go a few days longer without watering them. An easy fem introduction is to Hermie a known feminized female. Set her next to said plants a create the stress induced Hermie...remember she and her offspring will most likely Hermie as well. So it takes a few back crosses to stabilize her...feminized always have a chance of self pollination likewise any female cannabis plant when stressed enough produces male flowers that most likely will generate female seeds...