Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs Have Taken Over

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shattermatter00, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Concentrates have definately not replaced bud around me. There's a handful of people with oils in my town and the surrounding area. I know I'd love for dabs to become more popular in my area, but I don't mind smoking bud either lol

2. I still prefer flower. When I was growing, scissor hash was tits though. I do miss that.

understood them well enough to correct them so must not be too needed... basis of grammar and language is to communicate which they obv did so0o0o chill tbh.

as for dabs, i have never fucked with them or even seen them. the other day i ended up on some hot dudes instagram and bam dabs everywhere. i was like "wtf is this a thing in other places?" i live in kentucky and its like... all bud.

4. The other thing...I just got an eighth of some shatter from a guy...it cost me $130 (I'm on the East coast) but will last me from now to Thanksgiving easily. The same $130 half oz of bud would be out before the end of September.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Wish I had that tolerance! I can go through .75g of wax in a day with high use! Usually if I have it on hand I'll do .25 - .5 a day

6. Yes I feel the same way. I enjoy the sesh as much as getting high. It's a bit spiritual for me. But yeah, i would smoke so many dabs, that i would not be a functional human being. I'll stick with flowers too.

7. I think I just came.

8. Thats the reason i like wax. #1 less smoke in my lungs so less of a long term cough, and it takes ni time i can get high as beak in 3 minutes

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Personally since I am in a non-medical state (Well I am in NJ but that doesn't even count because the program is completely broken), the only thing I can find is flowers, and at a high price...I found someone with some wax but after getting it from him twice I stopped hearing from him. I like having both, but for now flowers it is

10. Not quite in my area. I had known about them forever but had never taken one until going over to my cousin's place. He had just made a fresh batch of oil, basically the same way Rick Simpson would. He loaded me up a dab and it expanded my lungs so much, felt like some good ol' hash. I didn't know too much at all at the time, but now know lots more. In the last month I experienced a lot with Isopropyl extractions and have made some very good stuff. I am now completely leaning towards solventless extractions and have made some decent bubble with my cousin. I need my own machine and bag set so I can make my own, my way. He produces standard half melt mostly, and has a fairly odd tech. I would do something more along the lines of Matt Rize or Nikka T. Due to my cousin I have kind of started up the dab game around here. Nobody else really makes them and he doesn't give them out very much so it's just me and my buddies that dab it up. We have good sesh's though and still chill, maybe even burn a few flowers inbetween dabs. Great time resulting in a great high. 

11. I and everyone I hang with still smoke bud everyday...
    Where as I may only get dabs once a week.
    What does that say?

12. I love social smoking with buds, but I prefer oil and can smoke it for hours if I want, you just keep it to a small amount for each dab. If I wana get super high ill take a .3 dab, but otherwise ill keep it around .02-.05 and can smoke all day

13. Dabs hve only taken over in areas with abundance of cannabis and people are learning from others/ professionals or doing it themselves n making garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I've never even seen a dab but i want to try it so bad. It sounds awesome

Life's too short so love the one you got

15. i think dabs are getting more and more popular medically, i love them, but no dabs cant be a hours long session thing and aren't meant to be

16. I think some of you are over thinking it... let's get high :)

17. I'm in the exact same position! about four months ago my friend got a vacuum purge and started making some good quality shatter, ever since then all my friends/people I know have been buying oil rigs and g-pens and what not. I do enjoy dabs but it's like flower is thought of as a last resort now. 

18. Can someone tell me because I don't have a vacuum chamber is it still safe to smoke dabs with out taken out the full amount of butane

19. With practice you can get it pretty clean with a silicone mat, a small torch and a good toaster oven.

If you have access to everclear 190 proof grain alcohol you can mix in after blasting and it will react with the butane and purge it out, then evap the alcohol away. Don't use ISO, that isn't for ingesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum