Dosage For Molasses?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by InnaDAZE, Sep 5, 2014.

1. can someone tell me the dosage of molasses? I understand its about 1 tbsp. per gallon but what I cannot seem to find is how many times? I will be flushing starting Monday for 2 weeks so how many times should I include the molasses? is it safe to add every watering/every other watering/ 3 days/ twice during flush?
    I have never used molasses and am finding out its a pretty critical nutrient in the end that I missed so I sure wanna get it in there but don't want to overdue it either.

2. im interested in what people have to say about this aswell.

3. Bump same here never really used this. What big difference does it make?

4. #5 RichardDean, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Provides carbs and sugars to the plant that it would otherwise have to create on its own. I wouldn't use in flush if you are flushing. In organic super soil there is no such thing as flush just that you don't feed anything like teas after week five or six of flower. Molasses has alot of magnesium in it so using it towards the end might tend to make your buds smoke harshly. High nitrogen and mag cause this mainly. I normally only use molasses at one teaspoon per gallon in my teas and in just a plain molasses and water mix couple times mid flower. That's it.

5. #6 InnaDAZE, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014

from what i have been reading it makes a VERY BIG difference. it fattens up the buds/ makes it way more sticky/ more trichomes/ makes for a sugary taste at end. pretty much everything you want to happen its gold. its either from it being a simple sugar that the plant can readily take up or from it being able to feed all your micro organisms in your soil. so it might just be better in organic soil where the microbes are there but not sure. also i have heard bad things about putting it in hydroponics systems so i would watch out with that if that's your system. something about the roots and it getting oily from the sticky sugar. wish i had heard about this before and how beneficial it is  during flowering cause my time is almost up. ill probably be pushing it early October to get some of this in there.

I have actually heard of growers using molasses all the way til the end. they say it sweetens up the taste of the buds. i guess what i will do is give her like maybe 3 more teas which will just consist of aerated worm castings and molasses in the next week every other watering. giver her one tomorrow, then Monday, then last tea Wednesday or Thursday. then i will keep flushing and use just neutral water with molasses every other other day the week after that so Saturday, Tuesday, and last one on Friday. then i will just flush with plain neutral water til finish.
    IF ANYBODY READS THIS AND THINKS THIS IS TOO MUCH MOLASSES PLEASE CORRECT ME!!!
    its supposed to be 1 tbsp. like once every 2 weeks or something but i am going this route since i do not have time and have read some people doing something likewise with no ill effects.