When Should You Exercise After Dinner?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by kit88, Sep 5, 2014.

1. You may wonder, when should I do some light exercise or light workout after i eat dinner to stay active? For me, you should let your food digest at least 45 minutes to 1 hour after eating dinner. This is because the food would be fully digested, and it will feel like it is not sitting there in the stomach. This way when you start your workout routine, you will feel the routine working for you and being effective.

2. For me, it's not all about just waiting for digestion, but what you eat. My dinners are healthy except for holidays when you get huge ass turkeys and mashed potatoes haha. But for normal days I make some chicken or fish, put some seasoning on it as grill it, then I have a starch and vegetable. Starch varies from brown rice, to sweet potatoes and vegetables are usually asparagus or broccoli, carrots aren't the best choice, I mean they're still good for you, but I stick to green veggies. And eat a lot of salad!

I usually eat around 5-6, wait an hour if I'm going to be lifting, I wait two hours if I'm doing cardio