Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Smoking Weed (On My Own)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JeffToddFischer, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Hello grasscity! I'm new obviously, and I have a question. OK, my age is older than 16 but younger than 23 and I want to smoke on my own for once. I have already smoked with a friend of mine (just a hit!) and it kinda blew me back a little, I don't remember much. I was wondering about dabs. I am trying to conceal the smell from my parents and I heard dabs will do the job. I am aware it may knock my socks off, so I wanted to maybe do a small hit at a time. I was hoping to get a gpen to use it. How hard would a small hit from it give me, I have found a couple good methods on making pure thc without cooking. Thank you guys :) and I am sorry if this post is in the wrong area :D

Sent from my XT1055 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. As a smoker of 3 years, 6 months of heavy use prior to it, my first dab was a moderate one (size of a BB maybe) and whupped my ASS. One hit oughta send you to space.

3. youre older than 16 and younger than 23 ... so what youre saying is youre 15 yea?

4. #4 Omega369, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Naw ops 17

A dab is going to kill you man, especially since you are new. I'd look at vaporizers to hide smell from parents so they don't ground you

Omega369

5. yes sir. I was referring to the G pen, any other recommendation? I heard you may need to change the cylinder every couple weeks. I appreciate your replys guys

Sent from my XT1055 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Stealthiest vape is the magic flight launch box. It's also the weakest vape I've had though, but does the job. Great starter vape.

If your budget is more, there's some great desktop vapes. I have a herbalaire, I've heard good things about the silver surfer. Arguably the best desktop vape on the market is the volcano, but also the most expensive.

Omega369

7. Dabs will knock you on your ass, invest in a smoke buddy or make a sploof. 

8. #8 mrfett3463, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    I have been smoking for 14 years on and off and heavily for 5. The first dab I took whooped my ass. Now I just pass and am more than happy with just some good ol' bud. "A little dab will do ya"

Get a smoke buddy or just go outside to smoke. Also if your using a smoke buddy just load a small bowl so you can hit it all at once. That way your pipe doesn't smoke and stink up the room. Candles, batroom spray, and stuff helps too but could be seen as a cover for it too so be careful.

9. You're talking about vaping concentrates, not dabbing

10. #10 Captain_Jack, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
    This one. The time tested method that only costs about 66 cents is the paper towel roll/dryer sheets sploof. Exhaling through it gets rid of almost all of the weed smell, and it instead smells like dryer sheets. Still blow it out the window though

I'd honestly go with flowers man. A dab is going to obliterate you.. Just look through these forums. Almost every one of these "I had a bad high" threads are from the OP smoking too much. I took my first dab after smoking daily for a year. That sent me to never ever land and I thought I was never coming down

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

11. I wouldn' try dabs. It'll destroy you Hahah

Sent from my LG-D160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. You'll be good on dabs man. Especially if it's your first time. They don't even get you high.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Just smoke outside. Dabs will wreck a newbie. It won't be as enjoyable than regular bud.

14. #14 Soulus_Ronin, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    How long have you been smoking? It sounds like you started relatively recently if this is your first time smoking alone. I would recommend just buying a glass piece either a bubbler or a pipe and getting some bud and enjoy it slowly. Ease your way into the lifestyle man. Also, from my understanding dabs jack your tolerance way up there, if you're a relative newbie, protect your tolerance man lol. I mean at the end of your day it's still your choice but I'm just telling you what I'd do.

15. #15 Johnny Blazed, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    seriously dabs will ruin you you'll be on the floor half dead

might even puke from the massive cough attack

16. so i dont have to say this, judging from above, but dont do your first time with dab. i bet you'll take too much. 

i wouldn't recommend doing it inside.... chill in a forest maybe? do it in a forest then go home without talking to your parents? 

17. Don't dab the first time. Your mind will explode.
    Just use apple pipes for now until you get a real piece.
    Don't smoke blunts or joints because they smell too much.

1. Lock the door and cover any vents with a shirt or something.
    2. Crack a window open about 3-5 inches.
    3. Take hits and blow them directly out the window. Have a fan blowing out the window if you have one.
    4. Open the window fully when you're done and air out the room for at least 15 minutes.
    5. Take a breath mint or chew some gum to get the smell of your breath.
    6. Spray some deodorant or something to disguise the smell until it's gone.

If you're smoking on your own in your parents' house, the safest times are at night when they're in bed or when you're completely home alone. Don't risk it while they're at home until you've done it a few times and are used to it.