Complete Setup Closet Grow Sog Environment

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by greenthumb412, Sep 5, 2014.

1. sorry it's hard for me to tell what's going on...looks like burns and deficiencies. I would have said to flush and re-feed...as you did.

2. er ma gerd I was right!.  I hope.  I ain't no dummy, but this stuff is tough to learns.  ppm/pH/axions/what minerals do what.  I like to get all the info.  So I'll smap another pic when the girls have been up for a while.

3. As I was checking on my 1 flowering plant, I took notice to the amount of roots trying to come out of te bottom.   I just finished week 3 so 22 days here and this plant is potbound.  could this be the issue and should I attempt to transplant.  It slipped my mind that this one was still in a 1 gallon pot and the seedlings are in 2gallons already. so, should I move her to a 2 gallon for the remaining 3-4 weeks?.  also I have only coco and perlite, should I repot and should I use this coco/perlite? I can mix it

4. you can transplant...but the roots don't really develop any more after week 2-3 of flowering. Right about the time the plant stops stretching, the roots stop spreading too. I'd transplant just to get some fresh medium around the roots. It will also hold a little more moisture if you transplant...alot of times rootbound plants suck up the water pretty fast, which in turn dries them out almost daily.

5. #45 greenthumb412, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    I repotted to a 2gallon bucket, she was in a 1gallon.. oops.  so I repotted, added perlite/coco and she is back in her home.  Should I feed? I fed yesterday after flush about 500ppls. should I feed again? how many ppms?the coco is just pH'ed that is all w the perlite/miracle grow crap. 6.3 was the pH

6. super awesome update time!  I successfully repotted my first plant.  Was in 3 weeks of flower and was necessary.  It was necessary because the fan leaves were falling off and displaying nute lockout from the bottom up and almost at the top! I would like to further train my Gardener's eye, so if anyone can chime in about how she might look, that'd be great. 
              So the picture that seems warped is actually a great pic. look at how the leaf in the center looks. That is the beginning and the leaf a little to the back and left you will see that later stage of that.  dry and curled up and inwards.  I had gnats before, and you can see the 1 chunk of mosq. dunk there as well as some watered in all around the top of soil, which was then surrounded by coco/perlite.  the gnats and larvae seems dead I think.   So here are great pics of what looks like nutrient deficiency in which I believe is nute lockout.  Why?  I think its from pH swings. I have hydro nutes also and soil is foreign to me.  It all is, but I believe I pH'ed at 6.3 for the soil, and my coco seedlings at 5.9.  This change (from original non ph'ed water (tap)) as well as the fact that she was in a 1 gallon pot and roots were coming out of the bottom, caused her to leach food from fan leaves.  rootbound.. so a lot has gone wrong and she seems ok, the degradation of leaves is possibly slowing, but time will tell.  again thoughts? what do we see with new growth, if u can tell? thoughts if the 500ppm feeding after flush was ok, maybe feed again today? 2 days later? (week 4 flower now) IMG_20140926_133146_323.jpg IMG_20140926_133138_111.jpg IMG_20140926_133105_798.jpg IMG_20140926_132918_102.jpg IMG_20140926_133131_017.jpg

IMG_20140926_132750_689.jpg IMG_20140926_132804_723.jpg IMG_20140926_132820_990.jpg IMG_20140926_132835_424.jpg IMG_20140926_132847_997.jpg
    IMG_20140926_133019_536.jpg so far Reversing the carbon filter is working as I have 0 smell. 

7. used the reflective hood that came with my bulb and put it on the t5HO :D IMG_20140927_210453_352.jpg IMG_20140927_210511_704.jpg IMG_20140927_210524_809.jpg IMG_20140927_210540_624.jpg

feeding the lil ones around 500ppms rotating in the room and also rotating how long I wait between feeding.  runoff is about the same as I put in.    
       1 flowering girl is recovering very slowly I think. pics on that later

8. I saw a gnat today, killed em. broke  up a mosQ Dunk and sifted along the soil and water/fed it in.  DIE!! no mercy!  so I pray that's that.  I also think that most of my prior issues were more from pH.  I have steadies that around 6.6 I think. and fed 700ppms and she seems to have totally stopped the leaf drying/killing.  so far she has been a Rock so a newb can't ask for much more.  I have a feeling ill get a seed somewhere from stress, is that likely?

9. if there's some stress during flowering there's good chance for a male flower or 2..especially towards the end of flowering..and especially on a plant from see (ime) I've found that even with no stress there's a good chance you'll see a banana flower or 2 on a plant from seed right at the end of flowering....I've often seen this and the next batch of clones from that plant can be much more stable then the original.

10. So my 1 flowering plant has not lost any leaves in 2 days!!!!! so my gnat infestation was a secondary.  The pH was a larger issue.  I can't name them, but nutrient uptake is based on pH levels between 5.5-6.3 for hydro. Soil is a little higher, 6.3-7pH.  I was using a lower pH nute mix.  oops.   So that's good, bravo for her.   My 4 little ones seem alright, but that room seems to stop around 84degrees.  Its in an air conditioned room of 63degrees so I hope that's alright.  I don't really know what to expect as far as growth, but I hope they get stronger, I plan to top.   if SoG method, shoud I even top the ones I put in flower?  I think so.  Post your Youngling pics!  or how old they were when you topped/fim'd.   
    Lots of views! I hope my trial/error/learning is helping others too!  any pics needed, for anything, I'll post away at request.
    new photo of flower girl later when she "wakes"

11. So I think 500ppms is a bit high for this stage so I am actually following the schedule feed feed water.  1 Bagseed looked almost nute burned, so diff plants need diff things.  My 2 Kaya Gold Girls are looking great.  All about 3 inches, nothing much.  That is the question of the Day!!   Because I am using 2 gallons from the rockwool cube, is that why the vegetative is slow at this point? 
    My thinking is that the roots are still goin and that all, but figured id ask.  Why exactly do we transplant in stages(pot sizes)  Is it ok to go straight to 2gallon?
    How is everyone?!!? 

12. #52 greenthumb412, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    update time : First, what day is it?!?.  Do we count day of that stage? or from germination? 9/3 they were planted so that's day 30 from germ, or transplanted from rockwool into the coco on 9/16, so that's day 15 from "transplant".   oor is this like veg day 2 (judging from the foliage growth and height ( about 3 inches))  I am feeding 500 ppms as if it were veg week 1, and runoff is like 375ppms. im giving feed 500ppm, feed 500ppm, water (150ppm). and about 3-5 days apart - about 5. 
    I started the rockwool "ready" seeds (too early imo) in 2 gallon pots coco/perlite.  Im not sure if I would have wanted a smaller container first, and THat is why it is taking a while to show top growth.  But today   (day 30- or day 15- or day 2)  I noticed more growth on top and decided to snap a few pics.  These are in 2 gallon pots (I think) IMG_20141003_153005_418.jpg IMG_20141003_153010_582.jpg IMG_20141003_153023_098.jpg IMG_20141003_153030_394.jpg IMG_20141003_153047_396.jpg IMG_20141003_153053_834.jpg IMG_20141003_153101_831.jpg

13. hopefully these are 4 girls!, 2 are feminized, kaya Gold1 and 2, and the orange pot and last pic there are freebie seeds 

14. #54 DazedAndStoned, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Looking good so far, the one looks like a slight nutes burn but nothing serious. Looking nice and healthy!

I feed mine 650 ppm at two weeks, and tap water before then with some certain seeds burning and some don't. Its all genetics

I also count day one as the first day they break the soil, some count from they day they germ. It doesn't really matter :p

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

15. so since the 500ppm of nutes a and b (and 3-5mLper gal cal mag)   barely burned them (the 1 plant and other 2 are fine).  should I again use same 500+calmag for another week and call that week one.

16. Yea I would. You can always give the burnt one a flush with regular water

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

17. so far so good with the little ones.  and I have a 60-100x magnifying pen thing on the way to judge my trichomes!!!    im now noticing that ther is faster foliage growth.

18. So I am at the point where there are a few pistols changing color(not many) and read that this process take about 5-14days or longer, depending on what "high" you want.  So if I harvest a bit earlier when the trichomes are milky and barely amber, then that is an uppity heady high, and longer flowering will make them more geared towards pain relief and couch lock. 
    this is why I bought a http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P8AUMU/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item and fiskers xD.
    so where should I look for trichomes, on the leaves closest to the budsites? all over? or on the pistols or bud swelling points?  
    Also I plan to dry inside my flower tent, I suppose with the light off, or perhaps in a large brown paper bag hung upside down.

thoughts?

19. how soon can I flower one of these.  I will have 1 plant harvest and need to get another In the chamber as soon as possible.  I have 3nodes and 1 symmetrical 3 leaf top.  can I throw 1 in flower and how tall will it get if U did from 4 inches

20. hi dude :)

I don't really look at trichromes anymore...I just go by the overall look of the plants. I try to harvest when it's ripe.I'm a firm believer in ..if you want a more uplifting high...go with sativa..more couchlock, go for indicas....but imo both should be harvested on time.  check out the 'zues harvesting method at riu...it explains it very well. ..checking trics can give very mixed readings depending on what part of the plant you check..at what age the individual trichromes are.

I trim up all the buds, snip em of any big stems and set them in a card board lid to dry....kinda like the lid to a monopoly game or something like that. Usually takes me a bout 3-4 days to dry em. I check them daily...gently shaking the box to roll them around. When they feel dry to the touch I throw em in a jar, then check em in an hour or 2...if they feel squishy/wet again I let them sit out a few more hours then I re-jar them...rinse and repeat until you can put em in a jar for a few hours and they still feel dry to the touch.  At that point humidity of the buds should be about 60%.   Check out a perfect cure everytime.

unmatured plants take a few weeks extra to even start flowering (sometimes)...depends alot on the strain. Since they're all from seed I'd veg em a little more before the flip...a 4" plant might get to 2 feet tall by the end of flower....but all that can be managed with training.