Fens Indoor Winter Rdwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by fenabar, Sep 5, 2014.

1. I'm experimenting with the GO box stuff. After moving them to the grower room they wilted a bit. About to go out and check on them this morning.

2. I only use bio-root on clones.

3. The squished squid stuff, BioMarine, made the room smell like an aquarium, I'll not use it again. I'll use it on my dirt plants, perhaps even my veggies. The clones are looking like new clones, a little wilted, but hanging on. I'm leaving the recirculating pump on 24/7 till I can get another air stone for the res. I don't want to have a problem with the stuff sitting in there going bad. 

It was HOT today, and will stay triple digits all weekend. 

I've been smoking the Kosher Kush hash. Wow, it came out so nice. I used more water and less ice this time. It made a big difference in quality. I'm looking forward to being able to smoke the K. K. buds. I had to bust open a jar of the Sour OG I just jarred on 9/8, but it dried so nice that it's smokeable. But I've been mostly hitting the hash I have.I have about 4 or 5 grams left. 

4. Yeah man i rarely use bio marine stuff is strong though

5. #25 GoldGrower, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014

I use my regular veg nutes at an EC of 0.35 in my aeroponics cloner and it stops the leaves from yellowing like I was getting when using it with empty water. I also get roots a few days earlier too 

6. #26 The Letter 3, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    I like to use this on my clones and seedlings in the bubbler

View attachment 1560400

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

7. Attached Files:

8. They are doing fine. The banana OG is still a little wilted, but hanging on. The Jack's widow is as happy as could be.

I saw some ants in the grow room so I set out an ant trap. I'll spray in there tomorrow.

9. Prepare for aphid warfare

10. I lost a huge crop to them once. Pound and a half was made into hash to filter out the dead buds.
    Last winter I put coffee grins on the tops of my bucket hoping to make a barrier for the ants. It seemed to work, I had no bugs. The Starbucks gives it's old grinds for free for gardening.

11. They are looking the same and have endured >100F temps for the past few days.

uploadfromtaptalk1410918000993.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1410918025768.jpg

12. This morning the banana OG looked more upright. They are both doing well.

13. Fresh nutes
    25 ml grow, CaMg, Root, blk diamond; 15 weed

14. I'm making cannabutter. I make the best cannabutter, no doubt.
    First make clarified butter. This it's a must, and a three step process.
    1) get UNSALTED butter and melt it over a low heat till no chunks remain.
    2) pour melted butter in a container and put it in the fridge.
    3)tomorrow, when it solidifies, take off the solid chunk of butter and wipe off the little bit of liquid still stuck to it.
    That's it. That chunk is clarified butter. The other liquid stuff is trash.

Here's three pounds of melted butter I just put in the fridge.
    Tune in tomorrow for further instructions. You'll be glad you did.

You can already see the nasty milk solids settling to the bottom. uploadfromtaptalk1411162930880.jpg

15. Butter has solidified into three layers. The bottom is the milk solids and the stuff we don't want. The top two layers are the same thing, clarified butter. The top layer is just froth.
    uploadfromtaptalk1411193815889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411193955306.jpg

Carefully scoop the butter into the crock pot, trying to not get the nasty liquid in with the butter. Don't freak over this, just try and be careful. The less goop, the better.
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194125081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194144733.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194158612.jpg

I used two ounces of bud that I chopped in a food processor. And about two ounces of trim.
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194228064.jpg

I put it into a stuffing bag I got at the dollar store.
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194297110.jpg

Put the bag on top of the butter
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194327073.jpg

And put it on low.
    uploadfromtaptalk1411194359841.jpg

I'm waiting for the butter to melt. .

16. 70% melted so i poked it down. I'll cover it now and LITFA till tomorrow after lunch the soonest, maybe later. uploadfromtaptalk1411196643795.jpg

17. Fully melted. uploadfromtaptalk1411200960440.jpg

Goodnight