Scale Buying

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by jpike18, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Are there any retail stores I can buy a scale at? Like walmart or target. Don't want to ship Amazon and possibly raise suspicion w/ parents

2. Walk into a corner store/gas station a. Buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Most head shops have them

4. can't yet :)

5. #5 Ganja ☤, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    Just go to the marijuana aisle in Walmart.

Every location is different, ask a salesperson. I get my scales at the gas station for $15-$20. Check out a major truckstop if there's one in your area.

7. I got my scale brand new in a pawn shop. They had tons for a buck a piece, I grabbed like 10 and gave some as gifts and shit

8. okay 😬 lol

9. Why not? You younger than 18? It's a scale not a method of ingesting marijuanas.

10. I've been to many head shops in my state (Indiana) and Illinois and every one carded my friends and I right at the door or a second after we walked in.

If one of us didn't have ID we all had to leave, they were worried that the person who didn't have their ID was under 18 and we were trying to buy something for the supposed minor. It's bullshit I know, but they have to cover their asses legal-wise or they can get fines upward of $5000 or be closed indefinitely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. make sure the surface area is relatively big, i hate when you are trying to weigh a quarter and the buds are falling off constantly because it's too small

12. I call bullshit.

13. you caught me, they were 1.25
    It was a big sale, usually $5 but they were marked down. Its not the best quality, I gotta re-calibrate it every time I move. If I have it on my dresser and set it to 0, itll read like 0.3 in a different part of the house

14. You can always just "zero out" the weight of a plastic cup so you can weigh a lot more bud at once.  Works for me

i do know about this but never have anything lying around to use - if the scales max is 100g, and you zero it with a cup weighing in at 90g, does that mean you can only weigh out up to 10g?

16. anything works dude. like even the top of a tupperware..shit ive even used a flyer for some sushi restaurant. you can find somethin easy

im too high for the rest of the question. as soon as i saw "scales max" I noped out of it  :hippie:

17. I put a Coolwhip tub on my scale, it will hold an ounce easy and the plastic tub weights 10.18 grams.

18. . i think you're a minor, not being able to go into a head shop.. :confused:

19. I'm very old, and very old school. I enjoy using this one.
    Metal Hand Held Hanging Postal Scales 100 gm Capacity Case Included Black Scale
    It's on eBay.