Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Got Wet/gummy Again

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ledhead0014, Sep 4, 2014.

1. So there was some weed that had been cured and dried perfectly. It was everyone's favorite. Then someone stored theirs in a sandwich bag in a tupperware container in a hot and muggy garage. After a week or two of this storage the weed feels spongy to the touch. It is not dry anymore and does not snap and leave crystals flying everywhere when you tear off a chunk of bud.

So was this the temperature causing this? Sometimes someone would leave the container open for about 30 minutes to an hour while in that garage when smoking. Could the muggy air in there do it?

But anyways to fix this my friend took a bud and set it out in front of a fan in a cool room. After a few hours it was drier, smoked well, and wasnt as harsh. So I thought this problem was fixed, but when I put it back in a bag in a tupperware container it got spongy again within a few days.

WTF

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Check for mold and mildew.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 Ganja ☤, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    Is the container air tight? If not, get a mason jar.

Store it inside.

4. I ended up getting a humidor box which is working wonders by the way. But the mason jar might have been able to solve the problem. But the plastic container I used may have not been airtight.

5. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard it's bad to put weed in a humidor as humidity is the enemy here. It sounds like your garage got too humid an thusly so did the bud. You can place it in an open brown bag over night to get that snap dryness back though. Just check for mold, humidity causes mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Darkness + Mason jar + optionally a 62% humidipak in there is all you need, as long as it's not hot in there. The cooler the better though.

7. The humidor is actually working wonders.it keeps it dey amd Scripps and with amazing aroma. I didnt know it was supposed to keep things actually humid. It is not doing that here