First Plant - Asking About Planned Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KiwiboyKyle, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Hi guys, I've been looking at information for a while and will tell you about the journey of my brave little seed :) but specifically asking if this set-up will be suffice.

So I had some seeds from a bag I got, simple as that, I lost most of them but found one and decided "might as well give it a shot". It looked waxy, green, but kind of a scaley-look to it, like snake skin, what made that pattern was brownish looking lines. Anyway, I put it into a glass of water and on top of the fridge for 24 hours, it kiiiiind of sunk when stirred very gently, and it turned black. I got scared, but looked up about when they turn black and found I can still carry on with the process, to be honest I don't think there really was any reason to put it in water on top of the fridge, if there was a reason please do tell! So, chucked the little trooper in a tissue in the drawer of my bedroom and I believe it is beginning to sprout! I also - for the record - tested it's sturdiness prior because bad seeds are easy to break, I think I cracked it by applying to much pressure, but the little guy is brave as fuck.

I just bought a desk lamp and a fluorescent bulb, and pre-grown flower of which I will remove and use the soil & plastic pot for my lovely little seed. I plan to place it in a shoe box at the top of my closet with the fluorescent bulb directly above it, The bulb is a tornado shaped philips 24w 1550 lumens, is there such a thing as too much, or too little light, and do I need to be paranoid about the temperature? Will it grow in the same environment that it sprouted? And is there anything wrong with using soil that most other plants grow in?

P.S: I know it is only one plant, I am only trying to learn how to grow and will continue if possible after the growth, I'll study more on males and females later, for now I just want this one to be grown as well as possible, it deserves it after all this shitty handling I've been giving it the poor thing, dealing with a noobie like me.

Thanks in advance!