Newly Born Sprouts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Scottish Deano, Sep 4, 2014.

1. no probs dude i'll show u what I got at the moment for my youngsters then i'll show you my set up for when they get a little older :) gimme a few mins man.

2. Hey what's up...I'm new to growing and I see that you mentioned his plants not having long stems, and mine don't either..hoping thats cool because Ive been thinking that they arent growing enough..my little ones were born on Aug 17th and the pics show them at 4 days old and 19 days (today) I keep mine on a 24/0 light schedule and I tried to top one but I think I messed it up. I'll include a pic below. Oh and these are all bagseed as I wanted this to be a tester grow lol...

Attached Files:

3. 20140905_232145.jpg                 What I got them under at the moment, will have for about 3 weeks or until someone tells me my babies are ready to be moved.

20140905_232241.jpg      

This is my 600w Dual Spec HPS, with a 4" Carbon Filter and outtake fan. also got a intake fan that you can't see in the photo but its in the hole on the left hand wall :)

Any recommendations will also be taken on board as im not totally sure of how I want it to actually be set up. at the moment I just put it up without much thought of air circulation etc.

4. #24 Scottish Deano, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
     They're looking beautiful,  I really hope they turn out female! I don't know much about topping, not sure if im even gonna do it. may need to read up on it and make a decision:)

ALSO: you got nice thick stalk on them, anything imperticular u do to thicken them up? I heard giving them a little shake everyday works but don't wana break them in half

5. Ur pic of new borns isn't showing. Ur second set up is awesome! U will have a great and large grow.

6. #26 MARI-MEDS, Sep 6, 2014
    Yeah urs are stretching a bit too my friend. What kind of lights u running?

7.  do you mean my first pic wont show up? will I post another picture of it?

8. #28 MARI-MEDS, Sep 6, 2014
    Yes ur first pic isn't showing. Plz post again.

9. However, ur bigger ones are not so much and look great! 👍😄

10. 20140905_232145.jpg                 

How about this time?

the fan on the left is just blowing a nice cold breeze over the plants and ive got another fan blowing cold air directly at the bulb aswell. I moved the sprouts as close as they are in the picture, as they weren't so close before I saw your babies (not stretching at all) so hopefully being as close as they are now they wont stretch anymore :)

11. Also guys, As I said... If you've got any ideas on a better way of  setting up my Grow Tent, LET ME KNOW :)

12. How many watts is that cfl? Is it just one light bulb?

13. I was told to have two fans. One on top blowing over and one on bottom. This will help keep kool but also strengthen the stem. It's like working out for the plants 💪

14. What size bulbs or bulb?

15. Just the one man, 85w 6500k, Is this not good enough?? We can't get them Y Splitters over here in Scotland or I'd have 2

16. Actual wattage being used?

17. well its 425w Equivalent. & I dunno how many watts are being used. ho could I find out? lol

18. How many lumens?

19. 5500. I only purchased it as I only had standard 24w 2700k bulbs in my home. Thought it'd to just until they're ready for the HPS?

20. Thx man...nothing in particular, fan circulates air around them, but not directly on them..