Newly Born Sprouts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Scottish Deano, Sep 4, 2014.

1. #1 Scottish Deano, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    First grow, Done a lot of reading prior to finally preparing for it, and im just looking for general advice and some fellow Cultivators to give me their opinion.

Using coco coir with perlite, water pH'd to 5.8, Germinated 4 Berry Bomb seeds and fired them into small pots. Using a 85w 6500k CFL at the min. got a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent with 600w Dual Spec HPS waiting for them.

Im on my 3rd day and 2 of the little fellas have sprouted. One seemed to have done a U-Turn so I gently scraped some coir back and tried to give the little leafs some space to grow. The other is just sitting there looking beautiful,    but one thing I never learned much about while reading was freshly sprouted seedlings,so..

1. What colour are they meant to be the first day they come out? case mines look a weird colour.
    2.If they're the same seeds, from the same packet, is it weird that 2 have sprouted & 2 haven't?

Heres a few pics also. Remember guys, any advice would be appreciated, Peace from Edinburgh, Scotland :smoke:

10606545_1557362567816942_7048651720804366888_n.jpg
    10616131_1557376177815581_3802738733583059350_n.jpg

2. another sprouted this morning, after 10 hours of me being away at work, came home and the 3 of them looking pretty healthy in my opinion, I'll post a few more pics, see if I can get any feedback

Day 2  ..jpg               Day 2.jpg              

Day 2..jpg

3. looking just like my newborns :)

4. Fresh seedlings are often pale green or yellow the first day or so until the leaves start making the chlorophyll that makes them green.

It isnt odd for seeds from the same pack to vary slightly in sprouting time.

5. It's totally normal for seeds from the same sack sprout at different times and grow at different rates and sizes. My brother and I came from same two people but we are so different in size and in color. Ha 👍😄 No need to stress on that my friend. I have posted below pics of all of my seeds that where germinated, dropped in soil at the same time and all sprouted differently and at different times. Ur new seedlings are looking great! Just keep giving them distilled ph'd water until u need nute's and u should be fine! Good luck, keep growing and stay medicated... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409894494.206556.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409894524.973039.jpg e ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409894556.056210.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409894593.039568.jpg

6. thanks for the replies guys, Appreciated! One of my seedlings still aint sprouted so im thinking about germinating a blue hash or Powerkush seed. Think I should give the seed another few days? Also MARI MEDS your little babies seem to be doing great, what age are they & what strain?

When I came home from work today my girls had a white powdery residue on them, Tried doing abit of research on them but couldn't find the answers, hopefully one of you guys can help me out once I post a few pics. When I seen whatever it was on the plants, I gave them a light spray with Ph'd water. Before I went to work I gave them a little feed and some water might have landed on the leaves, is this maybe why the powder stuff is on my sprouts?  Ill post a few pics asap

Peace guys

7. Day 3.jpg                  Day.3.jpg

See the white stuff im talking about? I hope its nothing serious. & I hope someone comes up with a quick reply!

8. Yes sir that is exactly why that white stuff is there, cuz ur spraying with water. Not gonna harm ur babies 👍😄 When that happens to me, it's time to start just watering them with ph'd distilled water and no more spray. I do an oz. per plant as long as they are in solo cups or something equivalent. I to spray with water until then and then move on. My lill girls where all born on the 31st of August 2014. So that makes them 5 days old. They are looking real nice too but I found this lill gnat on my biggest girl and now I'm gonna have to hang garlic or a fly strip. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409952267.028687.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409952276.995399.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409952293.595063.jpg

9. Ur girls are looking nice.
    The one that's pointing up is doing really good! 👍😄 Keep up the great work!

10. Okay that's good to know they're not gonna harm them. Also see on one of my pics, one of the first leaves is pointing in a funny direction.. ive tried turning the pot a few times to try get light from a diff. angle on it but didn't seem to work while I was away from home. Do you think that'll affect the growth or think it'll sort itself out? And Gnats you say? Little pests hope I don't have any encounters.. no doubt I will at some point tho!

My Babies were born on the 1st of Sept & there is so much of a size difference between mines & yours considering they're only a day apart. Berry bomb is a fast growing strain aswell.. Hoping to see some good growth in the next week or so :)

11. Lol man I thought the one pointing up was retarded or something!

12. Lmao! She's ur healthiest one! 👍😄That means great health! The others pointing in the wrong direction "per say", arw ok too! It sure will work it's self out. Here in the near future, ur gonna have to start doing some low stress training anyway, so it's all good that she's a lill off angle 👍

13. really appreciate your input man. Put my mind at ease:) What light cycle you got your babies on?  Im doing 20/4

14. Well what kind of medium are u using? Yea gnats, they love moist soil. U have to keep moving ur soil around to avoid them and or detect them. Or they can just be chill'n on one of ur leaves and u spot them. Just can't let them get crazy. Yes keep turning ur pots around and changing the potions of all them. This helps them grow and get every angle of the lights. Don't sweat the size difference right now. Ur seedlings look great and will do great! I am growing 7 different strains right now. 6 out of the 11 that I got from attitude and 1 mystery strain of four seeds that I got from my girlfriends best friends husband and he says they are FEM's and are the bomb. So I'm super excited cuz they seem to be doing the best of the ones I purchased. Lol. I'll post pics down below shortly.

15. 24/0 since I put them in the soil, them I put some 💡🚿🙏and got this 🌴 and it's all good 👍😄 LMAO, I'm super medicated!

16. I'm using coco coir. with about 30% Perlite. Do knats love coir just as much as soil? Glad to have some assurance that they're looking good as it's only my first attempt growing.

& That's awesome man. Look forward to seeing the pics.

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953750.604768.jpg
    Amnesia haze (born 9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953859.121343.jpg

Master kush (9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953871.954366.jpg

707 headband (9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953903.271764.jpg

White widow (9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953940.004566.jpg

Sugar black rose (9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953964.855079.jpg

Iced grapefruit (9/1)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409953988.988523.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409954001.104641.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409954010.321222.jpg

These are the mystery seeds and where born 8/31 and are all blowing up like crazy! Especially that one by her self. 👍😜💪

Attached Files:

18. Not sure if they do or not but I'm assuming so don't sweat it until u notice them. Don't even sweat 1 or 2. This the 1st one I've seen in a long time.

19. Oh yeah they're certainly doin good man. What u gonna call the Mystery seeds once its harvest time? :D

& I noticed that your girls don't have a long stem at all. are mines stretching too much?

20. Not sure yet, but I'm sure I'm gonna come up with something.

I have lights super close over my girls so they don't stretch. U can correct that by either moving ur girls up closer to the lights or move ur lights closer to ur girls. Take a pic of ur set up and I can see what's going on if u don't mind. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409955035.252527.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409955056.252366.jpg