First Time Grow Organic Yo What You Thing Of My Soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by gdread23, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I am intrigued, thanks I will have to try this out!

2. Any help on this? I am thinking it was light burn when I was LST with my cfl and the leafs may have been to close on the lights.. At least that's what I think, but what do I know!

Attached Files:

I'm currently pretty buzzed, and am unable to stand on my head...  :smoking:

4. Yeah... About that, I don't understand why it did that. Every time I have posted a photo on here it goes any way but the correct way!!

5. Some yellowing of my fan leaves from bottom up nitrogen def...Any help?

Attached Files:

6. It does not appear to be from the pic. Is it just those two leaves that are yellowing? Overall that plant is too dark green in appearance to be N. Any chance you've been watering too much? I just stumbled onto this thread...so I'm not fully aware of your situation.

An N deficiency will start at the very bottom of the plant. Once the bottom starts to go from really dark green to green to green/yellow to yellow this will proceed up the plant. Early on in this process the entire plant will lose the dark green color and switch to a more pale green while the oldest foliage yellows completely then dies or falls off.

7. Could very easily be overwatering w/ the droopy leaves like that. I just overwatered a seedling, bottom leaves washed out to a light yellow, and the higher growth was kinda wilty. The better drainage you have, the faster this problem is remedied.

8. No I can't be watering to much, I water about every 3 days. I always let her dry out befor I water her.. It could be because those leafs were on the bottom getting the least amount of light if not any light. I did just LST some branches and that really opens up the plant.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

9. I really don't believe it could be overwatering. The droopy ness was because I probably let her go a little to long with out water.

Thanks for your help tho!

10. The problem is those two leaves are not at the bottom of the plant. They are getting enough light. I try to keep my soil constantly moist. Not wet...but moist. Especially that upper mulch layer. I would pluck those two leaves. It will be easier to see if the problem progresses w/ them gone. Throw some vermicompost down in the meantime...it never hurts.

I really wouldn't worry about it. I get oddly placed yellow leaves when I'm slow with the water. Just like you'll see dying leaves on a tree in late spring/early summer when everything else is bright green. It just happens.

Overall your plant looks good and the new growth looks good. That's about all I concern myself with now after running the same strain for 5 years. Individual yellow or deformed leaves no longer rate much attention, especially if they are lower on the plant. If the new growth is affected, that's a different story.

Wet

12. First off I need to say thanks for everyone's help!

To day is day 55 on my auto

I do not know if you can see, but there is a little bit of yellow on the very tip of my new growth! I am starting to get a little worried..

I have been reading that cold can also cause some yellowing.. My cab has gotten down to 64 a few nights and there's not much I can do about that

Attached Files:

13. This pic may be better or not...

Attached Files:

14. Are YOU standing on your head when take these pic's?

WTF?

15. So the fun is really gunna start for me now...... I had this weird feeling in my gut, I did not plant my autos because of the budd production. So I went on a search for my seed packets and I did plant a photo.. Now I need to figure out how to keep my cab warm during the lights out. I was running 24/0 now I'm gunna drop down to 12/12 ..... I'm just guessing on this but I should probably ease into it by going 20/4 then 18/6 then 12/ 12...

16. Tomorrow I shall stand on my head and take the pics!

I really don't understand why it did that! AGAIN!!!!

17. #57 waktoo, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

Bet it comes out "right side up".  Don't break your camera/phone!  Or your neck...  :laughing:

HOW are you uploading pictures?

18. Through the forum post page.

19. What is that?

20. Maybe just go 18/6 then 12/12 but by no means do you have to. Good call though.