Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Easy Butter Maker Question?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SamSanok420, Sep 3, 2014.

1. okay, never cooked cannabis before. Well infused cannabis and butter for brownies. Ive watched friends do it and it seems like a process. Then I started researching if theirs any products. I found 3 and just want to see if anyone's ever used them. The first one def has people talking. It's mixed reviews tho. The Magical Butter Maker. Basically a crock pot. I've read that peoples cannabis gets burnt at the bottom and it doesn't heat correctly. Im not looking to spend $200 dollars on it plus the website is out and I don't want to get off of amazon. The second one Wakey Willy's butter machine. I haven't really read anything up on this one. The website looks like it's the Magical Butter Maker. The last one is the Easy Butter Maker, im interested in this one only because it's affordable at 50 bucks and seems easy enough. But I can't find anything on reviews or anything. 

So my question is which one have you guys used. Which one is the best? Does anyone have anything on the EASY BUTTER MAKER? 

Thanks Guys,
    Sam Sanok

2. any advice? or insight on these products?

3. Waste of money bro, you're better off using a crock pot. I also have the recipe to the easiest cannabutter ever i you want to know that - Trevor Phillips

4. So, a normal crock pot would do the same? I've ordered an Easy Butter Maker, to test it out see how it works. I'll post back when I find out how it works.

5. i won't work the same the crock pot works better in my opinion

I hope it does!
    It just came in and I got paid today! :) 

Imma test it out and let you guys know how everything turns out. Obviously if it doesn't work I'm going to get a crock pot. lol 
    Thanks Trevor

Had a chance to test out the Easy Butter and it actually worked. I don't personally have a comparison since it's my first editable making product. It took a little longer then 10 minutes but that's because I've never made any before. Thought I was going to ruin my herb. but didn't. I ran it through twice to see if it came out darker and stronger. When all said and done the brownies came out great!! I would recommend this to anyone. www.easybutterco.com. 

Next is to compare it to crock pot butter. 

8. Did you get a chance to compare it to crock pot butter?

9. Here are my critiques:
    (1) Ardent Lift/Nova - the best MJ appliance I own. Accurately decarbs nearly smell-free.
    (2) Magical Butter Machine - I only use it on the "No Heat" setting (sometimes 130 F for an hour) to make alcohol tinctures. Nice blender/mixer, but the heater is worrisome.
    (3) Green Oil Machine - quickly boils off and saves ethanol. Can also change 151 EC into 190 proof. Wall mart has a cheaper clone. I wonder whether the temperature scale is real tho.
    (4) Extractcraft Source - nice partial vacuum, low temperature alcohol removal from tinctures, but expensive.
    (5) Crockpot - I never use this anymore after wasting much herb. Highly un-recommended.
    (6) Magical Butter Maker - I don't own one, but bought a "Mota Pot" which looks very similar, and it was completely worthless. I seriously doubt whether this actually makes decent butter. You are likely to waste herb with it.

You really don't need to infuse anything, according to Decarb Myths Debunked, and I've verified many of the claims made there.

The simplest, strongest edibles (about twice as strong as using strained oil/butter) are made without making butter at all. Just decarb (240 F for 40 min with a verifying thermometer or the hassle free Ardent Lift), grind to powder, and mix into the oil of any recipe. Every gram used will yield about 150 grams thc in the finished product. You can make a batch of Betty Crocker muffins, cookies, brownies, etc, using mini-muffin cups, and small amounts of batter in each cup, cooked for about 8 minutes. There will be slight herb taste.

I'm astounded that more people don't do this. 15 mini-muffins, containing 0.25 g decarbed herb powder and about 38 g thc each can be made from 3.75 g herb.