Official Grow Journal - Cfl * Newbie

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by YouBeLION, Sep 3, 2014.

1. P.s I'm a girl and I don't think anybody knows LOL just dropping that in here

----- seek bliss .

2. Yep salvation army/goodwill/any thrift store or buy a new one from walmart and strip it down to the bare bones, Itll be wired correctly already all you need do is get a sturdy extension cord and good wire nuts and hook em together. or you can wire directly to a existing light is what I did. Lots of ways to do it.

3. #23 D.o.c, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    idk about your area, there is a habitat for humanity they have what they call Re-used stores. and there should be thrift stores around. both are good places to look for used cheap lighting. should be a lil handy with tools if try to go fixtures. but hey, we all have to learn sumtime. Girl or not, nothing will stand in the way of a farmer. 

A cheap ph tester around $15. 

4. I never thought of a thrift store for lighting fixtures it's like I go blank when I go into Home Depot and end up not getting everything I need lol.

I appreciate all the great advice I can't wait to hook my area up, it'll probably be done halfway through this plant but surely for my next grow coming up with actual ordered seeds.

I'm messing around with bag seed now tryig to get my feet wet.

Thanks a million! Glad there are so many experienced people in this forum willing to help out!

----- seek bliss .

5. you don't state how much head room you have. or how you want to experiment. 
    there are many ways to play with the plant.  some hang x-mas balls from it to help strengthen her for buds. some do hi and low stress training. I had many pepper plants I messed with. high stress I think takes too long for it to recover.  low stress is fun to play with plant shapes. ie: braiding trees, coils in a bowl, ect.. topping a plant is a good way to get more colas going. bending the top below other nodes is cool lookin. like a loop on a coaster when it grows out. 
    If you don't have much head room left, try somthin drastic, or go to flower. 
    roughly, a plant would like 2 weeks between heavy stresses. you say you just moved her inside in cleaned her up. I'd wait just a lil b4 flower.
    if have the room and time to play, can do all kinda funky things to the plant. 

This plant was about 14in tall, then I cut her in half. all the lowers I LST to the sides of bucket, then went into flower. lookin at about 8 main colas at the top. probly more. ( I didn't count'em)
    20140914_231514.jpg

you say that plant is 50+ days, should start showing if it's a male soon. bag seed is always a guess unless you know the source.  I had to toss 3 males from bag seed just last week. + all the clones from them. 

6. I pretty much have as much room as is needed. I have my whole second room attached to my bedroom that I have it started in!

I never knew about the Xmas balls that's creative because I kept trying to tie her and she kept wriggling her way loose so now I'm trying to use the cage she's in to fold her under each grate, seeing how she grows around it. Just experimenting.

Your plants are absolutely amazing! So full! And thick stems! Wow I had no idea you could just hack her in half lol I thought after a certain stage she couldn't be topped and I thought I had done mine too late.

Also didn't know about stress needing 2 weeks.

It's funny because I had been reading up on growing and stuff but have learned more through doing it than before.

----- seek bliss .
    Yeah I check for sex everyday hoping someday I'll see pistils or balls. Used a magnifying glass and everything. Nothing yet but it seems close.

----- seek bliss .

7. #27 D.o.c, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Stress timing is just kinda rule of thumb. helps prevent hermies. but you can certainly stress the hell outta it if ya want.  (LST is exception)
    Topping can be done pretty much at any time. still allow the cool off period afterwards tho. 

Fems really wont show b4 flower like a male will.  I noticed mine 2 days into flower. but was actually my first males so I didn't know either, that males show at maturity, not just in flower.  If you know a plant has matured and isn't showing balls after a week er two. It's probly fem. 

I'm not one of the better growers on :GC: I'm not even seasoned yet, but I can pass on what I know. 
    If want more info on things or want a second opinion, you can jump into anyone's garden and ask, they'll be glad to help you out. Google and youtube is a good place to learn also. 

Me too!

8. You gave me great hope she's a girl since she's so old and hasn't shown sex yet!

----- seek bliss .

9. #29 D.o.c, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Pics of some LST

20140914_231744.jpg 20140916_204159.jpg 20140916_203305.jpg 20140916_203229.jpg
    Keeping'em short  :D

Thought you might wanna see this. 
    20140919_015358.jpg

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411396636.949719.jpg

Okay guys she's doing brilliant but big question???

Her roots are beginning to show on top of the soil! I'm terrified! Why is she doing this? I water her super good.

Do I need more soil? Take a look

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411396765.082462.jpg

----- seek bliss .

11. I like the Pepsi can idea that even looks cool 😂 I dig it please post more if you wish I love inspiration from others

----- seek bliss .

12. I cant see them but you got lots of room to throw some soil on top. Might flush it first tho if its hot soil before you cover them up. But i dunno lol

13. Okay I covered them so they wouldn't be in the light I was just showing how much soil I had. I'll do a flush and refill with more soil to the top! Thanks!

----- seek bliss .

14. More pictures about a week into flower ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411572785.491920.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411572801.210521.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411572836.109090.jpg

----- seek bliss .

15. Looks like lots of new growth!! I am finally showing white hairs two weeks into flower so stay patient :)

Anything TheHerbalDoctor says or does is PURELY fictional as TheHerbalDoctor does not exist :) Toke on my friends

16. Yeah I am definitely anxious to see some pistils because I'm wondering if I'm growing cannabis or a pretty flower LOL I'm like WHERE IS THE SEX?! So patience is key I guess now! How exciting for you tho!

----- seek bliss .

17. Be any day now. Im calling girl!

18. AND THE GENDER REVEAL IS....

*brrrrrrum drum roll*

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411782446.132761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411782458.532028.jpg

WE HAVE A LADY FOLKS!!!

I screamed so loud I was sooo happy when I was putting her away about ten mins ago I decided to look at her again and lo and behold I saw tiny pistils all over.

Can't WAIT!!!! Ahhhh!! Thanks for everyone's kind words of support I am praying I make it thru my FIRST flowering!

Thanks herbaldoc for your continued support :))

----- seek bliss .
    Thanks team imp too!!!!! All positive energy!

----- seek bliss .

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411836729.196260.jpg

Woke up today to pistils all over something serious! Didn't have time to take better pics I will tonight

----- seek bliss .

20. Just wait until the buds start forming its the coolest shit of all time.