Last 2/3 Week Flush? Water Alone Or W/ Molasses? Organic Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by InnaDAZE, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I am starting my 2/3 week flushing next week. I just put 10/15lbs of  earthworm castings soil over the soil so the nutrients and micro organisms can fall into the medium. I was wondering if I should flush with just plain neutral PH'd water or if I should add molasses? I just bought a bottle and never used it the whole grow. should I give it for a week and flush pure the last week, or just keep it til the end because I have heard that its better and the molasses will give a better tasting bud if you keep it til the end.

also any organic growers out there?
    when is the last time you stop brewing them teas?
    like I wanted to brew a tea of earthworm castings, kelp meal, and neem seed meal.
    when is the last time I should brew her that tea?
    or even mix it al together and put it on top of the soil so it assimilates down into the medium?
    I was thinking maybe since its organic it wont have a taste on the buds even if I did it all the way towards the end but I just wanted to get someones input on this.

2. Don't over due the nutes. If you have been feeding all year most of the nutrients they need is still in the soil most likely. Just don't add nutes the last 2 weeks and your rain water will do most of the flushing for you. I don't see a problem with adding molasses till the ens

Sky's the limit

thing is shes getting no rain water cause its on a balcony under a roof so the only water she gets is the water I give her. unless it rains real heavy which has only happened 2-3 times.

4. Well there ya go even more control just stop nutes 2 weeks before harvest. Water with molasses if you want just water them normally for last two weeks

Sky's the limit

5. No need for flushing with organics. That's for those using synthetic nutrients. You want to keep the microbs living and the soil can be used next year. Just add some amendments and it will get better each year. Building a living soil is very critical with organics. Things get better each year. I would feed teas up to the last 2 weeks. I'm brewing some to feed in 2 days. From there I'll have to cut it out for a few plant and might sneak one last tea before the 2 week water only period. I use molasses through out the season. It provides sugars that boost energy in the plants and can sweeten up the buds. It also feed the microbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

never even thought about using the same soil that's awesome. what's your ingredients for your brew?

guess ill give her one last good brew this Monday and Wednesday and put in her 2 weeks from there with just molasses.
    how many times do you put molasses with water during the flushing period? every watering/ other watering/ 3 days/weekly?

oh and for keeping my soil alive after do I have to be giving it teas for the microbes? or can I just leave it outside where it will get watered whenever it rains?