White Mold Growing On Outside Of Drainable Pot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shittygrower768, Sep 3, 2014.

1. #1 shittygrower768, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]I'm about 3 weeks into growing and just today I noticed a white mold growing on the outside of the pots holding my plants.  These pots are the type that are made out of the material that can be planted directly into soil without affecting root growth so technically you could say that they are biodegradable or of the sort.  Anyway, the sides of these pots remains wet after watering and that's why I think they may be growing mold on them.  Do I need to switch to a plastic container or is there any way I can control the mold?  I was thinking a vinegar spray might do the trick, but I'm a little scared it might seep into the soil as well.  Any ideas?

2. It's not a problem, that's not the part you smoke, lol. All soil has fungus in it, it's the buds that are supposed to stay mold-free.

3. Do NOT plant your plants in soil in those pots. I had a plant get horribly root bound when the roots couldn't get out of that type of pot.