Grafting Cannabis Made Easy

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Pot Professor Paul, Sep 3, 2014.

1. #21 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    By grafting I can have all my females in one root stock. My host is tan wax. Its GDP x afghooey. Out of 6 different strains and 3 different phenos of one strain I only need 2 more to have grafted all my females onto one host. I started with a cherry Magoo. I grafted lemon skunk and tan wax on it. I thought I spotted nanners so I quit grafting on it. I have 2 plants besides my mother that are grafted as well. I would make a video but I don't have anybody to record it. I do this so I can bud 10 plants keep 3 in veg and a mother n still be 1 under my limit. I'm going to try grafting a few more in a couple days. The cherry Magoo is a male. He is spreading pollen and the 2 grafts are budding and forming seeds!

2. You ever graft all those females onto that male yet?

Im waiting with heightened anticipation!

3. @[member="pokesmot247"] That Mitch joke was one of the funniest things i have ever heard on the face of this earth!!

4. The male has 2 females grafted on him. He is spewing pollen everywhere. I have cut off 85% of his branches leaving only 1 main branch and a few bottom shoots. He has tan wax and lemon skunk grafted on him. They are flowering. I think they will seed cross pollination because they have what appear to be little pods with hairs poking out. I just checked grafts from 9-5-2014 they look done I am going to slowlyslowly work up to remove baggies after 4 days by opening them up and not sealing all the way back together. After each day I will open baggie more until 3rd day completely open baggie up but don't remove until 4th day. You may need to mist graft you may not. After 2 weeks you should have graft. After another week it should start slowly growing.

5. #25 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Lemon skunk graft looks to have failed ace of spades looks great!

6. #26 Head Chef, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    I grew this plant this year! Not a good yielder on the potatoes front tho.

As far as I'm aware this is done by grafting and shipped to you?

My missus mum gave us one so unsure how it arrived :)

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

7. Youre correct!

Makes sense something would suffer on one end, plus those potatoes are nothin to write home about.

They are a unique graft :) its amazing what can be accomplished with a lil trial and error. Weve come a long ways Since Gregory Mendel :smoke:

8. i tried removing baggies and 1 graft died the other i nursed back to health. i have to keep baggie on longer

9. Took baggie off of ace she has perked back up.....I will try removing baggie slowly again soon

10. this is awesome!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

11. I made a video but it won't load

12. Looks awesome, i remember I waned to try this a while ago after watching this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4

I have got to give this a shot.

13. Those guys r who inspired me but the explanation is false

Oh bummer. Well I will likely then follow the instructions you have here since they seem to have worked well for you.

15. The concept they have yes correct. Removing of baggie too early graft dies

16. I have heard of grafting but not like this!.. What i heard was if you can get hold of a good size male with established root system and basically graft the male root system to a female plant.. The reason being that males grow faster and in some cases bigger and by using the male roots you can apparently get the male growth and the female fruits.. Sounded far too much hassle to me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #37 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I don't know about that I grafted 2 females onto a host that is a male. I let him spew for a few weeks and then chopped 90% off of him leaving just a few branches and the now seeding/budding female branches. Ur theory is bogus! But grafting several females onto a known phat male and then letting him spew is an easy way to get seeds!!!
    Here is a shot of said male

Attached Files:

18. Subbed, that's awesome.
    I've been playing with grafts,  had no luck so far. this could be the winner here.
    5 star vote on topic!

19. here's a great video i found the other day on grafting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEf-5MoB2rA

20. How are the grafts going paul

Chef.