Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

N Acetylcysteine- Will It Effect The Thc Coconut Oil Pills Im Taking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by krskyle, Sep 3, 2014.

1. I recently started taking coconut oil pills to promote healing in my gut, as I have Celiac disease (also will so quitting my low dose Effexor prescription soon), so my question is, will taking n acetylcysteine disrupt the effects i'm trying to achieve with the thc oil?

2. I could wait and see but in the meantime I may be wasting lots of money and pills

3. You can read this study to see what NAC can do to mj users:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826714/

NAC can be used to lower cravings and reduce addictions.

It also causes an increase of glutathione in your body, but I don't know how that affects the cannabinoids. Glutathione is one of the body's main detoxifiers. I did some quick research on how glutathione affects mj users, and it seems it helps to remove the toxins in the smoke (obviously irrelevant if you're using edibles). I didn't see anything about it reducing the effects of the cannabinoids.

4. This isn't much help but I'm a celiac as well. How have you found the pills to be working, like what benefits do you get? I know of mjs inflammatory properties but never put much thought.

Sent from my C6522N using Grasscity Forum mobile app