My Firstgrow. Dresser Cfl/hps

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Hyouma, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Tonight, I went to work on my idea on how to suspend my HPS floodlight above my plant, it was taking up too muchroom and not giving enough light to my girl where it was sitting. I used wire hangars to make a grate that now holds the light directly above the plant and essentially doubled my space :D I've also got 3 fans coming in the mail that I'll be hooking up for more airflow. Hoping she'll take off soon :p

Attached Files:

2. Nice light and innovation. Looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Originally, I had to germ 4 seeds before I got a viable one, so when I decided to start a second seedling, I started germ'ing the rest of my bagseed (8) and expected to get 1 or 2. I got 4..... so, my question is, do i have enough light to get 4 or 5 seedlings to show their sex? I have 3 13 watt cfl's, 1 32 watt cfl, and a 70 watt hps floodlight

4. #24 painterdude, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    They will show their sex, but you do not have enough light. Could you post a few pics of the lighting setup? Much easier to tell by sight.
    What I meant was you'll be able to sex them, but it will take longer and waste some time in my opinion. Adding more lights will benefit both you and your plants by reducing your time and speeding up healthy growth.

5. #25 Hyouma, Sep 8, 2014
    I have a clip on worklight, but I took the reflectoroff. Then I have 3 desk lamps that were sitting under my stairs.... and the floodlight that was also under my stairs. I'm planning on ordering multiple socket adapters for a power socket and getting more 32 watt bulbs. The Hps really shoots up the temps, but I cant do without it, it's probably a foot above the plant

and if anyone's wondering, I'm runnin 75-80 degrees and 30-40% humidity

Attached Files:

6. #26 painterdude, Sep 8, 2014
    Looks good. I think your lights are good for a CFL. The ones you plan to add should do it just fine. Your temps and humidity are good too.
    If you don't have any fans in there I would get one. Just a small one to give some circulation and a strong stem.

7. There's a 6" box fan at the top, but I ordered 3 pc fans for future improvements

8. I use one or two clip on fans. Six inches each. Depends on how bushy they get. More bushy more circulation. I also have 4 inch inline fan. I only connect the filter after I switch to 12/12, but ran the fan towards the end of veg. I think you are going in the right direction. Trial and error, brother.

9. #29 Hyouma, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    Quick update for tonight, 4th set of leaves coming in. I'm going to top when I see the fifth and would like to hear the best way to do this

The paper clip wouldn't hold her down any longer, so I fastened her to the side of the box with paracord, waiting for her to grow up more for further training.I'd like to hear what my next step should be

Tomorrow will be day 14 since breaking ground

Attached Files:

10. I've got 141watts of light at the moment, so I went ahead and popped a seed into a 1/3 gallon container. Dunno what I'll do with the other 3 that are germinated since I won't have enough light to grow 4-5plants for a few weeks

Attached Files:

11. #31 painterdude, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    She looks small to top. Maybe a side view of the plant would help? Sometimes the next step is just waiting. Now just keep her going and keep training her. When the rest grown is add light where it is needed. My very first plant inside ever I grew in my kitchen. I didn't even have a clue what I was doing. I just turned the light on and off and just let it grow. I didn't time the lights or anything. It was just my normal kitchen light that hangs over a table. It flowered and produced good stuff. Not tons of quantity but enough for me to feel happy. So your light will work regardless. The more light the more bud.

12. The side view of the plant

Attached Files:

13. You got a bit before topping. Looks like she's reaching for the light. Anyway to move them closer? I put my fluorescents 3 inches over the tops. I would put a fan pointing on the plant. How old is she?

14. 2 weeks and one day, she hasnt been stretching much, just turned upwards when I bent her.

15. You'll probably top at around a month.

16. I raised her up afewinches to be closer to the hps, I also tried to give her more light from the cfls

17. Looking good so far dude, I would hold off on topping her for now though

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. i'll be watching, by the way those other plants will veg fine under the watts your pushing. You would need more for flowering though, but using regular seeds you will probably have to weed out some of the males. 2 females under that wattage would be fine but you want at least 100w a plant usually

19. Today is day 18, I have a seedling that popped outta the ground, but nothing too exciting. Waiting on more growth from both plants!

Attached Files:

20. Ugh the waiting.... If only we could fast forward our plant growth lol

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.