Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting High Is Different Now?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Uk3597, Sep 2, 2014.

1. So I've been smoking for almost a year now, and for a few months I was smoking every day. I stopped getting high so I took a break, and now every time I smoke I get really introverted, self-conscious and it's just over-all not fun. Is there any way I can stop feeling this way?
    While I'm high I usually think to myself "I don't want to smoke anymore. I don't like this." Should I just stop? Smoking used to be so fun and I could be social while high, but not anymore.

2. So I've been smoking for almost a year now, and for a few months I was smoking every day. I stopped getting high so I took a break, and now every time I smoke I get really introverted, self-conscious and it's just over-all not fun. Is there any way I can stop feeling this way?
    While I'm high I usually think to myself "I don't want to smoke anymore. I don't like this." Should I just stop? Smoking used to be so fun and I could be social while high, but not anymore.

3. Stop being so self-conscious.

Are you doing anything you disapprove of? Anything at all?

4. Give edibles a try maybe a different method would help you. Go extremely easy though overdoing it will make you trip the fuck out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. Lmao I wish I could just stop. But I'm only self concious when I'm high.

And no, there's nothing I can think of.

6. Try watching a good movie when your smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. #7 GratefulFred, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Smoke less and find something to do when you're high.  You lowered your tolerance when you stopped, and then you (probably) went back to smoking the same amount, which is now more than you need/want and it is making you uncomfortable.  Try a much smaller dose and see how that goes.

Also it really helps to find something else (other than yourself) to focus on.  Maybe think ahead of time of some things to do while high.

It could also be that this isn't a good time for you to be smoking (for whatever reason).  I know if I've got heavy things going on in my life the extra introspection that can come with cannabis can be too intense.

8. Sounds like you are over consuming. Try taking a hit and waiting 30 minutes before taking another...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. And you're not a seasoned toker, this doesn't belong here.  Apprentice sure, but this forum isn't for questions like this

10. I'm the same so I just get high alone now and thoroughly enjoy it, I do occasionally get high with others but usually have a couple of beers first to make me more extroverted.

11. Smoking too often perhaps? And you deep down don't like the amount you're smoking?

Balance is key. If you're not satisfied with most if not all aspects of your life, it brings down your high. If you're worried about anything, it brings down your high. If you're feeling guilty/self-conscious about anything, it brings down your high.

Weed exponentially expounds whatever you're feeling when you smoke for most people, especially the more intelligent folk who have trouble just forgetting their troubles with a simple substance. If you're feeling down and you're not the type to let your mind just float away, it's gonna bring you down further.

12. could be a change in strains?

13. could be something else. lots of users report negative side effects that turn out to be related to other things myself included when i was younger.

mine side effects were anxiety and other stuff like you say. diet is really important and can actually give off negative side effects alone just from an imbalance of nutrients in the brain. just like a positive diet full of nutrients can improve your high.

14. I went through the same thing for awhile. Put yourself in a positive mindset before smoking and try listening to music that gives you good vibes. I also found that smoking with friends (especially ones who are talkative) helps or just doing things that you enjoy doing sober. Getting stoned and staring at the wall or scrolling through facebook or whatever is basically the quickest way to get tired of smoking. 

15. #15 Thessentials, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    Here are a few suggestions:

Try smoking alone. You won't have to feel self-conscious because there's no one around to judge you.

Try smoking different strains. Indica seems to make me feel very self-conscious to the point where I get nervous conversing with cashiers. Whereas sativas don't make me nervous at all and put me in a "don't give a fuck" mood. Obviously you might have a different reaction. Perhaps indica would make you outgoing whereas sativa would make you nervous.

Try smoking less. Even after smoking sativa there is still a point where I'm just too high to interact with people in any way that would be considered flattering.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 casteez907, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    I get the same way sometimes. Take long, slow deep breaths, and make sure you are hydrated. Also, work out a little. Do some stretches. Go on a run or something. Then take a nice long shower. 
    Always helps me.

17. Definitely sounds familiar, I used to get those vibes a while back, especially when I used to live with my parents. They did not like me being high at all and I was all the time so it brought on a lot of negativity. Like a few other people said it's always good to try different things out, maybe it's the strain, how much you're smoking, incorrect background music, who knows :p

I found my tolerance is really high these days, so it's almost like that feeling would have slipped away to far now. It's all however you make it. Some people prefer to just smoke on there own time, alone. No people around to judge you (or atleast avoid the mind race), etc. Just try your best to have fun with it :) 

..also smoking isn't always for everyone, easier said than done as well!

18. I think a lot of time we bring the feelings, thoughts and/or worries into the upper realm, if you're able to let go and be at peace with your decisions (no regrets, lessons learned) then you'll enjoy your flight IMO.

try to just rehash your day, be happy with yourself, and put the rest on Pause for a bit.

19. Put on a chill movie on concentrate on that while you are smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Pretty much the reason I quit smoking everyday until medical becomes more easily obtainable. What you need is a strain high in CBD. THC is what makes your mind race, which isn't always a good thing, especially when you have anxiety or self conscious thoughts.

CBD relaxed your mind, clears your thoughts, in exchange you become more energetic and outgoing (extroverted). Having racing thoughts is exhausting.

Omega369