Higgys First Grow-Bag Seeds

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by HiggyDiggyDawn, Sep 1, 2014.

1. What's up everybody! For awhile I have been learning as much as possible about growing. This journal is just for experience mainly, to get the best plants later on. I'm not looking for any big harvests or if a harvest at all out of this one. I'm just looking to learn the basics of growing with hands on experience. I decided to make a journal out of it and update it frequently, hoping the GC community will help me along the way. So here is the situation.

I have four bag seeds and this is what I've did.

September 1st, 4 pm.
     Placed four seeds in a glass of Luke warm water with a paper towel over it.
     Placed glass in dark warm closet.

I'm doing this to see which seeds are dead and which are alive.

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. You are growing outdoors? Where are you located? If you are in the U.S. it is way too late for this year.

3. Indiana! And I figured it was! Lol I'm honestly just going to grow it as long as I can then sell it to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. If I don't sell it, Its okay too. It's just bag seeds. I'm not planning on buying anything so there's no loss, just experience to gain!

4.  They wont finish this year. Study and prepare for next year.

5. How many weeks do you think I have?

And thanks for not being a dick. I know I'm a noob and some people would love to tell me about it in such a mean way. Lol I'm just having fun with it all!

6. No problem, I dont believe anyone should be a dick on here, regardless of the question. I plant in late March but Im in socal so the weather is pretty nice. Most people plant April to June and harvest September-October with some plants finishing a little earlier or later. Would you be growing in your yard where you could tend to the plants daily? 

7. I will be growing on the field across my house. Its about 30 yards away. I can easily tend to it.

8. #8 New Destination, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Ok, so between now and March-June, maybe get some more seeds online, prepare your site by weeding, tilling the area and premixing whatever you want with your soil. You can also build a pretty cheap greenhouse that you can grow in. This way you could start earlier and your plants wont be threatened by frost later in the year. I dig as deep of holes as I can and mix in worm castings, perlite, stuff like that into them. You can read up and plan everything out by waiting until next season, this way you will be more successful. The more work/time you put into it, the better your results will be.

9. Alright! Lol thanks Chris! I wish I could grow them now, lol but I guess I can't. I would grow inside but the people that live with me wouldn't like that and plus I don't have enough room.

How do I delete a post? Lpl