Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Versus Relaxed: Which Strain For What?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weedless Man, Sep 1, 2014.

1. I have a question and I thought experienced guys were like you guys would be more apt to help me.
    OK. I am not a weed smoker. I only had it a couple of times in my early 20's and that's a long time a time. So you guys will have to please excuse my question if it's too dumb
    I am trying to establish the co-relation between getting high /active AND getting mellow/ relaxed. The way I understand it is that smoking sativa will get you high and smoking indica will get you mellow and relaxed.
    Is this correct? If not what you guys smoke to get high and what you smoke to get relaxed.
    I'm trying to figure out which strain you  would smoke when you want to get high and which strain would  you  smoke when you wanted to unwind and relax

2. #2 Huggogguh, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    You were right on the money with the sativa vs. Indica. Its got something to do with the ratio of THC to CBD and other cannabinoids. As far as I know, a higher THC and lower CBD is usually a sativa high and the closer it gets to a 50-50 mix or tipping the other way, the more indica it becomes.

Usually I go for some Sour Diesel or Headband if I've actually got work to do, both hybrid sativas that won't give you too much of a jittery buzz.

If I want to chill out and relax I go for one of the Bubbas or sometimes a Purple cross. Most of the kush strains (I mean real kush like Bubba, not the 'kush' that usually gets sold on the street) will work great as an indica as well. You'll know if its kush from the smell. Its a very distinctive earth, almost like freshly tilled dirt.

3. That's correct, but a lot of strains aren't purely sativa or indica but a hybrid of both. Some strains known as autoflowering strains are crossed with cannabis ruderalis. I would say that indica dominant strains are probably best for relaxed and stoned, and sativa dominants are best for feeling more active. It's hard to say exactly which strains to smoke to get high and which strains to use when you want to unwind, I've got feeling high off indica dominants and I've got relaxed from sativa dominants. They also say the effect of weed can be effected by placebo.

Actually a pure indica/sativa doesn't exist anymore.

This is why I don't believe in strain names, all the genetics have already been crossed. So who's to say your gdp seed is actually 100% gdp? it just isn't possible in my eyes, unless it had been preserved for thousands of years..

5. Thanks fellas, very helpful

6. Both strains give a high, however they are both different in their own way. A Sativa strain will give more of a euphoric, energized, happy head high while an Indica strain will leave you with a mellow, body melting, lazy high. And obviously when you cross the two you basically get the best of both worlds