1St Grow Dwc (2) 600W Mh/hps

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by waffle house, Sep 1, 2014.

1. #1 waffle house, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    What's going on GC, I'm making my first attempt to actually grow. Currently there is (4) plants and (11) clones that are growing in the veg room. The grow room is an outdoor shed, that on the inside is separated by two walls. One room for flower, and one for veg of course. I posted a picture of our current set-up and I will post another diagram latter of how the other room will be set-up and the changes being made to the veg room. Where I am located it gets 100+ deg. pretty easy so I have to run an A/C to keep things cool. I had to insulate the floor, walls and roof (what a pain!) but I am glad I did when my temps sit at a comfortable 75 deg.

The three plants in the front are Indicas and the one in the back corner is a Sativa. I received these plants as clones and was told they are Sour D, LSD, and Shoreline. Not too sure about that authenticity, maybe someone knows better there; no big deal. We have (4) 600W reflectors & ballasts; (2) will go into the flower room as HPS set-ups and (2) will be set-up with MH bulbs to replace the (1) 1000W MH set-up currently in the veg room. I'll keep y'all updated on the plants as they (and me) progress, ought to be pretty fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Sep 1, 2014
    Right on looking real good. DWC rocks!

You might want to subscribe to your own thread. :)

3. #3 waffle house, Sep 1, 2014

Thanks for the tip! And the complement!

Two of the Indicas (the two that are shorter in the photo) I am LST training. I said I wasn't gonna try to experiment too much with my first run, but I couldn't help myself. Glad I did because it's been really neat watching the stock twist back up to the light after being tied down. The tallest plant I will leave alone the whole way through, it is 11" tall right now.  When I received these plants they were 3" tall and had roots that were 3"-4" long. At first I had them under T5 and the growth wasn't quite what I had expected, so I upgraded to a MH/HPS set-up and boy am I glad I am.

Here is what they looked like two weeks ago, before MH:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 rain dancer, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Lookin GOOD!

I too grow with dual 600s and lemme just say, they are the best! Im gonna subscribe and follow along. Please let me know if you need any help either in here (by clicking that little mention button by my name, pming me, or droppin by one of my threads!) but I prefer to keep questions in the open instead of pm so we can help those lurkers or people functional enough to use the search button :lol:

LST is the way to go dude! I love it and the plants love it too! Keep up the good work!

Subbed! :smoke:

Haha, great advice! I just subbed to my own threads FINALLY lol

May help me answer peoples questions a bit faster eh?

:poke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here is how the room will be towards the end of this week. The plants are on Week 4 of veg and will be complete Thurs. and ready to Flower Fri.

[​IMG]

6. #6 Pot Professor Paul, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    hey here is an idea bro........train the sativa heavily she will be a bitch if you dont! indicas run short and squat for the most part.....sativas tall and lanky.......also, solis tek and sunpulse both make a 1000 watt splitter for ballasts to run 2 600 watt bulbs off 1 1000 watt ballast. as far as cooling bulbs, you could easily do a push/pull setup through all 4 hoods with set of 8 inch fans like a 8 inch sline vortex 723cfm rated and a 500cfm rated or better 8inch boster fan or better yet 2 sline vortexs 1 pushing 1 pulling the air out. maybe think about getting a ductless ac/heater for the future......for now, you are going to need at least another 12,000 btu a/c if outside temps are in the 100's. you want to maintain 55-85 lowest and highest throughout all 24/7. try to stay in around 65-75 and you will see optimum growth... also the portable a/c units are like a big fan, they dont work too well for very long....i know cause i run one in my garage into a 2 x 4 x 7 a 7,000 btu and i fight temps, trying to stay 70-86 i run at nighttime so...... and live in Washington State last thing it looks like your plants are starting the "kush" curl either from excessive heat or needing magnesium......i noticed the edges of leaves are curling up towards the light......also cover those rockwool cubes up before they start to form algae or attrack fungus knats!!!!! more pebbles!!!!!!!! ill check in on your grow and subscribe im doing dual 600's in my 4 plant dwc top feed soon to be fogging as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for all the ideas, I went ahead and took your advice about the sativa and have it LST'd now. Unfortunately, my 1000w digital ballast is Apollo, so it won't work with the Solis Tek or Sunpulse splitters, love the ingenuity of it though. I'd rather not have all 4 lights exhausted together, unless it's absolutely necessary. Each set of 2 reflectors will have an 8in. fan exhausting them, I'm assuming I should be covered. Right now in our veg room temperature varies from 70-80 deg, the other room will be set-up this week; most likely will put the 14k btu in flower room and a 12k/10k btu in the veg room. Noticed the leaves were curled up too, especially on the sativa so the lights were raised. Looking a lot better today. I missed the part about covering the cubes with more pebbles so I'll do that later. I went ahead and switched them into flowering a few days earlier. I will be running the lights at night so I'm guessing my temps shouldn't go much above 75 deg in there now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks good!

9. #9 waffle house, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Doing good, the one in the back left hand corner and the one in front right are both 1ft. 4in. Buddy gave me a new plant (supposed to be white widow... who knows). Came in soil, so I transferred it to my hydro and it was flowering so I'm in the process of re-vegging it. Hope everything works out for her! It's insane how fast they have started growing in the flower stage!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. #10 waffle house, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    Good news everyone! We have roots!

Day 7: One clone rooting
    [​IMG]

Day 9: Four clones rooting
    [​IMG]

11. #11 waffle house, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    Finally got two of the 600's up in the veg room. Now I just need more plants to under these puppies. Ignore how dirty it is, we did a lot of work today. Still have to set up the whole other room. I am actually flowering in my veg room.
    [​IMG]

The girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Im glad youre going lst, you wont regret it :)

Theyre really takin off!

13. Nice set up! Subbed up and along for the ride.

14. #14 waffle house, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    UPDATE: Week 2 of flower, still no sign of buds on the girls kinda got me bummed but they look great none the less. Tallest plants are 2 feet 2 inches tall. I'm switching from Canna Flores nutes A/B to Advanced Conni nutes A/B. They are really drinking water now, I am having to top them off every few days it seems like. Cruising along well though, seems ever since I got digital Ph & Tds meteres I haven't had any problems. Still flowering in the veg room, we're running electricity to the flower room and we are behind schedule on that project.

Talked to my local hydro shop about my clones because the roots were growing slowly; maybe half inch roots after 2 weeks. He clued me in on that the supplements for clones contain the enzymes beneficial bacteria secrete. Along with that knowledge and some research myself I added three things to my cloner: air stone, 1 ml hygrozeme, 1 ml of canna rhizotonic (0.6 - 0 - 0.6). My clones roots grew inches over a series of just a few days. WOW.

I'm trying to decide what I want to supplement with the Advanced Nutes Connoisseur A/B, if you have any suggestions or have used these nutes before please feel free to chime in. Thanks 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Finally got 20 more amps ran so I can get more lights going. Getting the flower room set-up and then we'll move them into their new home. Tallest plants measure 2' 5", growing very tall and finally showing their pistils. Started week 3 of flower, changed over to AN nutes and supplements. Going to add some co2 to make up for the heat, averaging 88 deg. running 2x 600w with 14k btu a/c.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. #16 waffle house, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    We insulated the rest of the ducting, so now our room averages 80 deg. and our plants avg. 77 deg. pretty good. I'm starting to see little buds all over the plants looking really great. Advanced Nutes are working great, my waters ph is not fluctuating as much with these. I love that and my plants seem to love them too. The real flower room is being set-up here soon... Finally.
    From the top of the bucket:

[​IMG]