Chemicals Effecting Trim

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by govermint, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mostly This is to due with the chemicals that you may use in your garden that would effect the trim for bho making. No this is isn't about not getting that good yield or anything. This is a concern for health and safety. 

If anybody has ever seen Black char or colored char such as I have noticed recently from a couple different oil sources:
    [​IMG]

Person A the First oil I had seen this in was this darkish, wetish looking wax(i sadly dont have any pics of it) Said wax didn't char on a quartz nail but on a ti it charred up so much you had to scrape the nail everytime. I know this oil was purged but why did it come out like this and act like this with a ti nail only. I thought  maybe it could be underpurged just for shits, so 24hrs later at 120F under -28 there was no change at all to this, oil consistancy, wetness or anything. Pretty much I decided this was garbage and it shouldn't be smoked by anybody.
    ****This persons plants had gotten azamax used on them for mite problems(idk whether during flower or veg)

Person B(picture of char is from their shatter) I received a bunch of shatter from a bunch of different trims, Great oil, nice tasting and everything, smoked probably 4+grams of it, but then i saw the char happen, not every dab but it did it a couple times not in a row though. Oil below:
    [​IMG]

Absolutely nothing was wrong this this slab, no impurities, no nothing,i could hold it in my hands and see through it. So the charring is kinda odd to happen. So I did somequestioning and showed the person a picture and they didn't know either. so I asked about their grow and discovered they used neem oil during veg but not during flower.

Azamax and Neem Oil 
    Trying to tie something between these two different people together as to why such things might be happening to their trim that looks and smells completely normal, I did a little digging to find out that azamax uses a very strong concetrate of neem oil,which was where the char was really happening compared to person b who just used neem oil months before harvest and got little to no black char from their dabs.

I'd like to know if anybody else has experienced this and hear your input. Maybe this isn't the connection at all, but im unsure what else it could be.

2. Neem oil is an absolute no no for a garden going to oil.

3. Is it because the neem oil coats the plant and sticks to it? Also why would that carry through to the oil?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. spraying way too late in flower with the wrong shit, smh. I can safely spray a Lactic Acid Bacteria(lacto) serum on my plants 2-3 weeks before harvest with no problems but not neem/azamax/spinosad.

why wouldnt it carry through to the oil? its an oil itself, and your coating the plant material with it so it will definitely be picked up. I ran into some shit up in the mountains last year that came out super sappy and smelled like a burning tire factory on a nail, they were feeding the plants some kind of systemic shit that the plant seeps out to repels pests, so fucking gross :hide:

5. In addition to the chemicals, there very well could be excess plant matter in the extract.  Clear does NOT mean clean.  Soak it in alcohol, just to see how much.  Maybe you could filter some of the extra organics and unwanted oils out of the material.  IDK if botanical oil will come out via winterization or other filtering methods.

6. If you have sprayed trim, winterizing will not help anything. its bunk

7. Subbed to thread. I make wax, cases similar to both in this situation. I often make very clean looking wax, and I get char on my Ti nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. So if neem oil is bad for when you're blowing bho wouldn't neem oil also effect some of the nug grown on the plant as well?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. yes it will effect the nug, whoever is spraying neem that late in flowering is a clown. I stopped the neem like a week after they started getting pistils. Now its just Spinosad and Lacto foliars. the Spinosad is about to be cut off too

Dont process anything thats sprayed, just pass on it.