Week Old Seedlings Not Doing Good

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SmerkedOut, Aug 31, 2014.

1. And someone just told me that 6 CFL's is way too much for my newly planted seeds? Would 1-2 be better?

2. You can never have too much light as long as heat is controlled. I think they meant its more than sufficient for a seedling but if you not worried about energy costs (which isnt anything with 6 cfl) then it can only help

grower of the goodz

3. I just stumbled upon the "Hempy Bucket", and I decided I'm gonna do that instead of my Ebb & Flow. It just seems more idiot proof which is great for me since this is my first grow. The rockwool wasn't rooting into the hydroton yet, so I put them under my humidity dome until I build the Hempy Buckets tomorrow. I hope this works out better for me.

4. Do these look okay? Is there anything I can do to help them?

100_2568.JPG 100_2570.JPG 100_2569.JPG 100_2571.JPG

5. What medium are you using? Is that coco?

6. Yeah it's coco on top, perlite on bottom. But that was so long ago and nobody answered, so I had to figure it out on my own. They were starving to death and needed nutrients. As soon as I gave them some food, they just exploded with growth. Now I've got em under my HPS, but one has a little problem. It's developing spots on the leaves. They did get fed some water that had a low ph, so could that be the problem?
    100_2625.JPG

7. Sorry, brother. Can you take a picture of it under CFL?
    One watering of low PH shouldn't affect it too much. Unless it was super acidic, like under 4.0

8. #69 SmerkedOut, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
    It was pretty bad... around 5.0, and hempy buckets are supposed to be 6.2 water. 

I mixed my nutes (16 gallons) and 3 drops of ph down somehow took it from 7.6 to 5.0.... Yet almost 3mL of ph up barely got it back to 6.0... Ph down is way too strong. 

My plants are in their 6 hour rest period right now, so I should be able to take a pic. Interrupting the dark period during veg doesn't hurt does it?

EDIT: after reading some other forum posts, it seems that interrupting the light cycle during veg might or might not cause problems, and I dont wanna risk it... So how can I get good pictures while the HPS is on? I'm gonna try having paper in the background and then white balancing the pictures. 

9. Oh man if you're still in veg don't worry about turning lights on while the light is off. As long as you don't do it ten times a day every day it won't affect anything. Or if you feel more comfortable just pop in right before the lights come on, even 5 10 mins before and just leave the light on till the HPS comes on

10. Okay sorry about the wait. Finally got a good pic.
    100_2635.JPG

11. #72 CanadianOrganic, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Did you spill any water with nutes on the leaves? If you do it will sit and burn where it lands, thats kinda what it looks like

12. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it was. is it the nutes burning the leaves, or the light being concentrated by the water?

13. I believe it's mostly the light but the color is due to the water evaporating and leaving the nutes