Intelligent Life Outside Earth

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Koh, Aug 31, 2014.

1. I'm still searching for intelligent life on Earth.

2. I giggled

Omega369

3. I feel certain that their is some other form of life outside earth, perhaps bacteria or plants idk.

We haven't figured out a way to travel past our own solar system, let alone our galaxy. We haven't even come close to traveling at the speed of light and even if we do, the Milky Way is 100000 light years in diameter. The life expectancy of humans is less than 100 years.

Maybe it's just impossible. Maybe we will never reach each other.

4. I think it's hard to imagine a universe where earth is the only planet with life... There has to be more out there. And far more intelligent then we are because we can barely take care of our own planet. I think earth has been visited by other entities from other galaxies and they are far more advanced than us... If anything they come to observe or even help us

5. I'm pretty sure that if other life forms were to be found, they wouldnt look like us at all (humanoids) nor would they posses the same thought process we have. Another possibility that intrigues me is that of finding another human like alien race that is actually centuries, if not millennia, BEHIND us. Im high as fuck.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Maybe Intelligence is rare? I've read that intelligence doesn't have to do with survival, sort of like a luxury. Dinosaur were fairly successful in terms of time but we probably not considered intelligent.

Anyways, I find it scary to think intelligent life forms could travel to us, knowing that they would automatically be more advanced, we'd be completely submissive to them.

Or if we find a planet with potential intelligence, would we serve as God to them?

7. Former Canadian defense minister Paul Hellyer, 90, declared on Russian TV on Saturday that there are 80 different species of aliens. He said aliens have 'been visiting our planet for thousands of years' and are rather unimpressed with how we live.
    Hellyer described several types of aliens including 'Tall Whites' who are working with the U.S. air force in NevadaHe claims that 'a couple of their ladies dressed as nuns go into Las Vegas to shop and they weren't detected. Hellyer first went public with his belief in aliens on earth in 2005 and he is the first high ranking politician to publicly state that aliens are real.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535698/Aliens-walk-theyre-refusing-share-technology-change-warring-polluting-ways-claims-former-Canadian-defense-minister.html

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Pretty interesting article. The nuns in vegas made me think of They Live. An 80s movie about aliens taking over and they look human unless you wear special sunglasses. Awesome movie

9. All we got to do is get a huge ass satellite 📡 to orbit 💫 earth 🌍. Sending a distress signal. Our planet will not survive. We are always in conflict and we will not survive without world peace but humans are incapable of controlling our instincts. Hopefully in time ⌚ we will be 🐝 visited by an alien 👽 race told help. I will tell the aliens that we are all going to die 🎲 if we don't separate. I'll toke him for the help and will live happily stoned and on another bad ass planet with my friends

10. #30 IDTENT, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    It is likely that life exists elsewhere in the universe. The conditions which allowed life to flourish here on earth are not unique; similar conditions exist in many, many places elsewhere.

Would it really be a good thing if intelligent life discovered us though? If intelligent life from elsewhere discovered us and had the means to travel to Earth, that would be something to worry about. Might they not look down on us like we do on other less intelligent species here on Earth? They might treat us as we treat cows or pigs.