Intelligent Life Outside Earth

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Koh, Aug 31, 2014.

1. #1 Koh, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    It is paradoxical that we have had no contact with extraterrestrial life. Why have we never been contacted by intelligent life? Are we simply too average a species to be worth visiting? Are we alone? If we were to be contacted, should we respond? 

2. Or we are the first.

3. The universe is billions maybe trillions of years old for all we known

Humans have been around for a few thousand.

We don't know what the average life expectancy of intelligent races is.

People are saying humans wont survive long enough to he space faring. What if that's just how if is?

What if most inteligent races become extinct?

Even if infeligence is common, our existence is over in a flash relatively speaking.

Based in Tue size and time frames of the universe, it wouldn't be a stretch to say there are millions of ihteligent races out there that will never meet
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. We don't have the technology to go far at all really, I'm sure the gov has some fukin aliens or something locked up somewhere but until they visit us, I don't see ya going to visit them across the galaxy any time soon lol

the real super sand

5. I don't know about you guys but I certainly have made contact with et beings. At least I'd like to think so but it's hard to know if it's all in your head or if hyperspace is actually a different, somehow real space. Either way some part of me really believes I have made contact

Sent

6. Here's the paradox...those who claim to have been contacted by ETs are not always believed by others and often labeled as weirdos, wackos, seeing things, hallucinating, dreaming, etc. Those who have not, whether or not theyve put much thought into it, just don't know and have their own beliefs about it but would most likely not have their ideas destroyed. Then there's the Roswell stuff where someone told police of a crash landing/ET/whatever the case, and now the government/authorities have complete control over the case and choose to tell people or not. Most likely not.

We're not alone, I don't know 100%, but I got a sort of a hunch

7. Are you sure you know what a paradox is?

8. lmao sometimes I need a double check if I'm usin the right word. I actually questioned it but never re-read my post.....so psh

9. I think the distances between advanced civilizations on other worlds and ours is the biggest hurdle. Lets say the next closest intelligent species is in the cigar galaxy for example( I know, weird choice) even if they were thousands of years a head if us maybe 200 some million light years is just too much.

I'd like to believe that we're one of many in the Milky Way, but maybe life is far more spaced out than I believe. A sad possibility, but is still possible..

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

The human race as a whole are children scratching around in a sandbox when it comes to our ability to understand the very basic elements in front of us.  How could we possibly imagine intelligent life, lesser or even greater than our own under those conditions?  But imagine if intelligence reaches toward like-mindedness.  If that's the case creatures like us (humanoids) remain so impossibly far apart from each other we wouldn't be able to reach each other in our wildest imaginings.  But also imagine beings out there that are smarter and more advanced than us, what could possibly be their motivation for having a dialogue with us?  Only pathetic human ego suggests we're worthy of being contacted as a species.

Until we learn to stop using war as a means to solve problems, is there any space traveling alien race that could learn from us?

11. Anyone know what the first telecast sent into space was?

Imagine an advanced race seeing that telecast. It would set the stage for how they perceive humans, that is if they understood what the gentleman was shouting about.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. yes the government has aliens, they are actually cooperating with them, but who knows if they are evil entity's or are here for the right reasons, but the government definitely has extra terrestrials I should say. The government actually has 100 times more information than we do. We're like their experimental hamsters. And nobody has a fucking clue do the extreme brain washing that goes on during childhood. But really, there's nothing you can do about it because these brain washing techniques are mixed in with everyday life and some inside of required activities such as education. Fuck the government.

13. the issue i have with most conspiracy theories is that they often depend on the government being run by super-intelligent people, as if bell curves dont apply to authority. governments are not filled with geniuses, they are regular people, that can handle their shit and hold a respectable position, for the most part. 

14. Once the et's realize we have marijuana, they will come.

15. that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't.conspiracies. it just means they aren't perfect.

People get arrested for fraud all the time.

What if the grandeur distance we percieve is nothing to them. If we were just merely ants marching oblivious to them.

17. ^ that's been a thought to me as well. Maybe there are hyper advanced species all around us, but are so far above our level of technology, or maybe even far beyond our understanding of what life is that we are too insignificant for them to notice us.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

18. certainly, im not disputing that or claiming conspiracies are nonexistant, conspiring together is in our nature

19. so.you admit there are reptilians

20. I saw my first aliens!

dilligaf

Attached Files: