360W Led Stealth Dresser And My First Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DazedAndStoned, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Looks good too me, how far are your lights away? As long as they have a shit ton of tops you'll be right for clones.

2. #62 DazedAndStoned, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    I am too lazy to turn it around and open it up at the moment but if I recall correctly I have the lights 32" away, a little bit further away than my flowering cab. The solo cups I am using are 5.5" tall so there are about 26.5" away. They seem to be doing alright so far, really hope the LEDs I got will flower decently veg I'm not so worried about... :bongin:

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

3. That's pretty good range, as long as you have enough room in flower though.

4. So how close to the led's can you get without bleaching or harming the plants?

5. #65 DazedAndStoned, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    I should have enough room, my plan once I get a mother is to have a sog of clones. Probably will flip them to 12/12 when they are about 6 inches tall, maybe a bit more.

I have no idea yet, bongsauce was saying his buds literally rub up against the lens on his if I remember correctly. I hope the LEDs can be inches away when flowering so I can cram more in there lol.

So I did a lot of high thinking last night, and kinda have a direction this project is heading, I will release more details later, let's just say it involves another cab and male plants.

6. Nice sounds like you have something up your sleeve for sure 😉
    I think my next grow im going led though, just because of the heat that hps throws off, it's a pain in the ass

7. Nice setup man. Subbed :) I also am debating making a sex chamber haha... for seeds. I want to mix short stuff #1 strain with a purple strain. But I think I need to have a dedicated box to put in male and female together. Its a thought for now as each PC box I build cost a lot lol. Anyways nice setup man and good luck. /bong hit

8. #68 DazedAndStoned, Sep 18, 2014
    So far I haven't even needed to throw my PC fans into the veg cab. Temps are right around 80 and they seem to be loving it. The temp problem I am facing is in the flowering cab, with 6 of these on it generates a lot of heat. I'm going to put more 140mm fans in there, or maybe larger. I may have to use an inline fan or something with higher cfm. I am thinking one or two small 4 or a larger 6 inch like this to cool the cab.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ZJNW3Q?pc_redir=1410942318&robot_redir=1
    My main concern with this setup is carbon filter since I want to be able to push the dresser close to the wall. Stoners, help!?

I also have done some math, and for both of these cabs expenses, nutrients, and seeds I'm sitting at about a pounds worth of currency in my area. I'm thinking if I can get my money worth within a years time it is a solid investment for me. We will soon find out.

Not much else to report otherwise, plants are getting bigger, looking healthy. Not sure if they should be bigger than what they are for their age but I'll see if I can find some hashplant grow journals.

9. I dunno man, if you could get your skill up to a gram a watt or say even 300 and harvest every three months or less you should be able to do it allot quicker. And what's the problem with the carbon filter?

I'm not to sure but does bleaching actually do anything other then make them white?

10. #70 DazedAndStoned, Sep 18, 2014
    I think I should be able to get up there after a few grows, so I'm sure it'll pay off a little sooner than then. I'm just setting my goals low for now because I know I'm not going to be growing a half a pound per harvest lol.

Well I want something to cool my dresser that is low profile so I can still push my dresser up against the wall, if it sticks out 2" that's fine but no more than that. I don't think these PC fans are going to cut it, the LEDs are just too hot when there are more than 4 in that tiny space. I can buy more but if prefer to have a carbon filter too and with that much restricted airflow I would see temps over 100 the way my setup is now

EDIT: my cab has a depth of 14.5", if that helps any

Not sure about that, I believe they bleach white and burn the tips of the leaves, which I would assume would affect overall yield

11. I don't see any easy way of doing it without an inline fan tbh.

I searched around for the smallest carbon filter/6 inch fan/plumbing I could get and my whole setup would be about a 12"x24" box so would easily fit in your cab.

12. My box is really small, like 18" deep x 36" wide x 48" tall, if that. I just set my inline fan on top of the filter, and i have plenty of room to scrog 1 plant still. I think the 4 in fan would be good for your setup also, just measure twice and buy once!

13. I think I am going to buy a 6" inline outside the cab, run a 4" reducer to the inside of the cab, have a T splitting off to two carbon filters inside. I'll make my own 4" carbon filters. What I would like to know is if there is a fan controller that will automatically adjust the fans based upon temp, preferably with a remote probe so I don't have to open the cab to view temp, and NEVER shut off

...I'll keep searching the interwebs I know I'll find what I'm looking for

14. #74 Rezorezin, Sep 18, 2014
    Sorry I was viewing the thread and it's posted a reply in my pocket and I don't know how to delete it lol.
    I'm subbed though I'm interested in seeing what all those LEDs are capable of

15. I don't know of a controller that will adjust the fans speed based on temps...only controllers that will turn it on and off. Depending on how quickly it cools the area, it might cycle the fan on/off to much. Those fan controllers for PCs are the only fan controllers I've seen that will idle a fan at lower temp rather then shutting it off.

for on/off you can get a little button thermostat. ..something like a 110v ac, close on rise , on @ 85 of @ 75 ... if you could find those specs. Or you can get a digital heating/cooling thermostat thingie..*digs for pic* ah ha! here's one...pretty simple, I own one of these.

here's another more $ option ...oh snap! look they have one! I was wrong here's what you might be looking for....wow I might get one of those, wonder if they're new...

16. Here's a suggestion I have heard a lot of good things about these fans! Super quiet and move a lot of air! Just a suggestion though... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411047228.219106.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I make my own carbon filters using a manual speed control but I have it on max all the time. Lol
    I'll upload the pics when I get a moment

18. Key is having enough airflow to keep your grow area cool while filtering the air. Also placing them high up as to catch all the heat build up. The fan in the pic above is nice

19. Looks like bong found what I was looking for. Gonna do some digging around and see if it does exactly what I want to.

I think to try to preserve my stealth, I am going to build another cab right next to this one, which actually works perfectly for my upcoming project, I'm going to play around with it this week, thankfully I still have some time before plants are ready to flip.

I am going to take a look at that inline fan linked above, I've have 3 votes for it so far so it may be the winner lol

Lots of good advice so far, thanks everyone...

20. Thermostats will do that, not adjust it but turn it off when it's not needed and vice versa. I think you can get full climate control systems which will do everything you want but they are pretty expensive and probably not worth it for grows our size.