360W Led Stealth Dresser And My First Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DazedAndStoned, Aug 31, 2014.

1. #41 DazedAndStoned, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Alright well I lied, I already put the babies into the veg cab. Only running one light for now. Temps stable at 78 even without fans at the moment.

Testing the flower cab, seems stable at 83F all fans at 100â„…. This shit is fucking bright, is there some sort of glasses I can get to protect my eyes whilst looking in there. I swear I'm still seeing green and got a killer headache after only maybe 20 seconds exposure. I may need some extra fans if temps rise to 90

Surprisingly these two cabs are next to silent. Combined they make less noise then my high end gaming PC which I can hear with the door closed. These however sound just like a regular house fan, from about 6 feet away you can hear a slight hum. With a fan next to them you can't even notice. light leak isn't very bad with lights off you can barely notice, not sure what I'm going to do about covering fans to prevent daylight getting in during the dark period but I'm sure I'll think of something. My next challenge will be making a stealth ona box, maybe two.

2. my controller is the only one I could find that would slow the fans down rather then stopping them when temps get low. I did all my research about 4 years ago though so tech is probably different now. I wanted to make sure that the exhaust fans would always stay running so it wouldn't let smells out. -With mine, I adjust the rpms, set the temp, and the fans run at the set rpm if the temp high....and when the temp gets low it just idles the fans at a low rpm. It's amazing all the things these controllers can do. I can't even remember all the stuff mine does.
      The probes seem pretty accurate...it depends alot on placement of them. Try to keep them away from electric stuff though...like my cfl ballast interferes with the probes cuz it's too close. It's probably about 8" away from them though....and those probe wires are much further then that.

3. #43 DazedAndStoned, Sep 12, 2014
    Alright cool, sounds like they do the same thing, I'm gonna order all my stuff in a few days cause I'm expecting my bitcoin miner to be buying this for me lol. Getting another 10 fans as well, I'll have 5 left over for a new project I'm already dreaming of

Also, are you using a PC power supply or did you splice some ac/DC converter?

4. for my fan controller I use a 2A molex dc adapter

5. #46 DazedAndStoned, Sep 12, 2014
    No room uptop, I already have 4 up there, only possible supplement lighting can be from the side. Point of these lights are to blast the plant on the side so the small popcorn buds still produce some nice tight smoke. Hopefully the 180 extra watts tightens the buds up that much more, I've seen a lot of grows with LED and a lot of the smaller buds are fluffy due to no penetration power.

Kinda figured you just used a DC adapter, hopefully I got a spare laptop supply kickicking around. Temps over night seen a maximum of 93 if I recall correctly so I think I need some better ventilation at some point

6. Alright guys seedlings are looking awesome, nice and compact with almost no stretch between each set of leaves, #1 fourth set are still just barely visible and #2 is on its third set still. I'll be giving them a drink in a short while.

I also have been running the flower cab all night. It peaked at 95 when the furnace came on, I opened a window and it dropped to about 87. Probably will be getting either bigger fans or just more of the ones I have. Still in the market for glasses to protect my eyes cause with all 6 lights on it's bright as fuck. My main concern is I have no direct control over our spaces heat since the tenants upstairs have the thermostat. They have been cranking the heat so much, worried about when I am at work my girls will overheat. Might rig up some sort of ac that turns on at a specific temperature.

In other news, I got my seeds from Seedsman today. Highly recommend these guys, ordered exactly a week ago and they are already here in very nice condition. Not sure which one I will be trying first of these seeds maybe you guys can decide for me. Red Poison x10, Super Lemon Haze x5, Mephisto Elite Mix x7 strains, and two of each freebie. Won't be starting these until my seedlings reach vegetative state, so I can kind of sorta be on a perpetual schedule. I will be ordering seeds from this company again, very fast shipping, packaged nice and stealth.

Attached Files:

7. Nice selection man! In my opinion you should definitely do at least one red poison, mainly cause I want to see how it will turn out. All the pictures I have seen of it look amazing

8. #49 DazedAndStoned, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    I was thinking about sprouting those next, along with one slh that I can grow into a mother. I germinated all of my bagseed, none where popped this afternoon so I put them next to my veg lights where it is a little warmer @ 90 and they all have a quarter inch tap root lol. I also sprouted some more hash plant for now, I want to use these seeds as a learning experience so my autos and SLH will be grown with care. I'll probably do one or two red poison, and SLH once these are vegging. Hoping I will have a Christmas/ new years harvest, probably will be a few weeks after though. I'm looking around my area for some clones too, cause I really am impatient and want to see flowers sooner

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

9. Nice, that SLH should be great. I just realized those red poisons were autos, kinda sucks you cant make a mother out of it

10. Next seed purchase round I'll be finding something similar that isn't an auto and probably some white widow x big bud or NL. I heard you can take clones from autos they will just be quite small cause of their very short life time, may experiment if I need to clip or top when the time comes.

I really wish there was a speed up button this takes way too long lol. Pretty interesting to watch a seedling double in size in a day and a half, its almost majestic

11. yeah I feel you man, waiting sucks but it is awesome to come check on them after a while and see noticeable size increase. Especially when they are forming buds

12. #53 DazedAndStoned, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Hey guys got some pics of Hash Plant #1 and #2, they are both 7 days old, how are they looking so far? I gave them some water with a very light calmag and B52 mixture, its only about 300 PPM and before I added nutes it was about 150. Only because I have only one container right now, and I really needed to give my other plants (not mmj) a little bit of food.

I threw out my other seedlings since they all looked dead, I sacrificed two and seen that no roots existed so I started 7 (I swear I counted only 6 about 30 times) bagseed that I got from an old friend of mine who used to work for commercial growers, mostly trimming and watering plants. These seeds are at least 8 or 9 years old she said, I put em in some paper towel and put them next to my LED and they all germed very fast so now they are in rockwool, I won't be watering them for a while. I also started a few more of the hashplant because I am bored and I have the space
    Included a shot of the nutes, will list everything I have in a bit.

Attached Files:

13. This looks amazing so far, nice job building that. Inspiration for my next grow!

14. #55 DazedAndStoned, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Day 8... WOW! #1 seems to be blasting off, from what I have counted, it looks like 8 new leafs are forming....
    #2 is slightly behind but still looks like its doing well, slight curling of first set of true leaves, not sure what that could be but will keep an eye on it.

I have decided do perform an experiment... For stoner science. It won't be accurate my any means because of the light spread but I will be vegging these plants under the different spectrum lights I have, to see the growth difference, if any. Its a cramped tray now, blue cups are the 8-9 year old bagseed, red is hash plant.

Also, including nute list in this post, can't seem to edit previous one... From left to right:
    Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide
    Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Sensi Bloom A + B
    Voodoo Juice
    B-52
    Big Bud
    Overdrive
    pH Perfect Sensi Grow
    CalMag
    pH Up, down
    Down in front I have my meters, rooting hormone, pH solution, neem oil and syringes

Attached Files:

15. What is the peroxide for?

16. #57 DazedAndStoned, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Its water with an added hydrogen molecule, or H2O2. It keeps everything nice and clean and sterile. I mix 1:2 peroxide to water, wear gloves your hands will go pure white lol. And I think in hydro you can put a little bit in the res if you are getting root rot and stuff.

17. Oh ic, so how is the growth so far compared to hps you think?

18. #59 DazedAndStoned, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    I have no idea what hps could do, but I'm loving the LED so far. Very tight growth, almost no stretch, no heat to worry about. I think its a little easier dealing with LED than HID cause you have no ballast or bulb throwing off 90+ Mind you with 6 of them crammed in my flowering cab it does get a little warm, but nothing like a 400 hps IMO. I'll post an update pic in a few mins to give you an idea of growth in 24 hours. Lights come on in 15 mins

19. Pretty big difference since last time I checked on them. New growth that was hard to see is getting big. I just have two shots of hashplant #1. Both seem to be growing like, well, weeds. Also, 3 new unknowns have sprouted. Day 1 for them.

Judging by the little to no stretch, I'd say they love the lights, may be a bitch to clone mothers if they don't stretch a little lol

Attached Files: