360W Led Stealth Dresser And My First Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DazedAndStoned, Aug 31, 2014.

1. #21 DazedAndStoned, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    It has been an exciting night. All 8 have popped, and I have now put into rockwool cubes set at 5.5, only have the blue light on for now, probably will be that way for most of their seedling life. It looks much more blue to the eye than it does with the camera lens, strange observation

I am thinking about germinating one more seed because I think I have ocd, really bugging me haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #22 Grow2dab., Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Good thread, I love stealth/mircro style grows.

Veg for longer would probably be my only advice really.

3. #23 DazedAndStoned, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    Went to the hydro store because my pH pen needed new batteries, so I also picked up a nice digital thermometer and hygrometer. Been running all 4 lights for the past hour with my fans on at 80%. Temps sitting at 78 and 48 RH. I also programmed my timer for 18/6, so this is also serving as a test run to see if the lights will turn off when expected. I don't expect temps to get much higher than this since our warm weather is pretty much over, and soon it will be -50C and I'll have to worry about warming up the space.

4. Bit of an update. Day two since germination, Still no signs of life...

In the meantime I have taken off the carbon filters for now, I may construct a light trap and ona box instead. The ol' lady says she may plant some stuff around the dresser as well. After doing my initial test, temps have reached a max of 85 degrees with all 4 lights running at around the 15 hour mark, and this was after the furnace kicked on. I noticed they are typically 2 degrees or a bit more than the ambient room temp. 

I have also come to the conclusion I will need another cab soon, I just purchased some very yummy looking seeds. I wanted to order from attitude as they had an Auto Berry Bomb which looks amazing, however their payment system sucks and wouldn't work after about 98376836373 attempts I gave up and went with seedsman instead, and picked up Red Poison Auto, Super Lemon Haze, an assortment mix of some more Auto's and a bunch of freebies. Hopefully it makes its way to me, I am super excited. 

5. 2 degrees over ambient sounds good. I usually shoot for about 5-8degrees over ambient.

You won't be disappointed in the SLH...great stuff...my favorite smoke.

6. Had to give to rockwool some more water, some of them were drying up, but aside from that today hasn't been very exciting. Here's a pic of the smoking device and some smokables. Just some mids nothing special. I've had the extreme q for about 3 years and it was worth every single penny, that fucker has taken a beating, dropped it at least a dozen times from 4 ft up. Broke the heater cover and bowl but at under 20 bucks to replace that is pocket change. I keep this this running 24/7 and it heats up like day 1, I really am impressed.

Also, this dresser will be the next project that I will be starting very soon. I am open to suggestions, I have plenty of LEDs left over, two fit side by side snuggly. Dimensions are 29x16x48. Thinking about using this one for mother and some clones. Ideas?

Attached Files:

7. #27 DazedAndStoned, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    What's up GC been a few days. We have signs of life! Two have sprouted, so I will refer to this as day 1 of their life, officially. I have and will continue to number the plants based upon their speed of sprouting. Here is a few pics of the little girls (hopefully). I plan to add my perlite and vermiculite mixture into to party cups probably tomorrow or Monday, I'm sure they'll be fine till then, no roots are out of the bottom of the rockwool. I also plan to sprout more beans later on this week, probably gonna be my 8 random bagseeds. 
    View attachment 145124
    View attachment 145123
    View attachment 145122
    It's quite early this morning as I prepare for an extreme sporting tournament later on this morning, but had some time to kill and smoked some great inspiring sativa so I began construction of my second cab. After a few hours of messing around, I ran out of stuff to do at the moment, since my neighbors would probably kill me if I began cutting plywood at this hour. So far I have stripped the dresser down, inserted plywood into drawer spaces, screwed the drawers into place, and covered the inside of the cab with panda film. Tomorrow (I mean today, but later on lol) if I have time in the late evening I plan to finish up, but realistically it'll probably be completed on Monday or Tuesday since I still need two locking bolt lock thingys, and two handles, and a fan speed controller, and maybe some more 140mm fans if I have used up all of my stock.  The plan is to have the lights mounted around the same height as my original cab, and use the remaining 14 inches for a drying cab for when that time comes.  

(sorry for some upside down pictures, must have been pretty stoned.... :) )
    Time to dissemble....
    View attachment 145108
    View attachment 145109
    Here is a million dollar trade secret... if you run out of wafer screws, or any sized screw, simply cut down longer ones with a pair of pliers, saves a trip to HD.
    View attachment 145111
    View attachment 145110
    Overview after I inserted plywood into the empty spaces.
    View attachment 145112
    Had to trim down some more 2" screws to an 1 1/4" to screw the drawer faces on securely. 
    View attachment 145113
    Here are the cut ends (make sure to pick them up especially if you have pets! When you cut em with pliers they tend to shoot across the room) and some of the great chronic that inspired me while I should be taking a nap before a 2 hour drive. Fuck it.
    View attachment 145114
    This is how I secured the inserts, total of 10 4" 90 degree brackets
    View attachment 145115
    Too lazy to describe the rest, ya'll are smart you get the point...
    View attachment 145116
    View attachment 145117
    View attachment 145118
    View attachment 145119
    View attachment 145120
    View attachment 145121
    Pretty stoked since now the journey really begins. Thinking I will give them their first feeding once they have their third set of leaves, advice? Will be back to post more progress pics earlier on in the week, peace :smokin: 

8. Long read lol. :) what's up man? Nice grow project you got here. Keep it up. Subbed /sparkbong

9. Coming along nicely! :metal:

10. #30 DazedAndStoned, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    Thanks for stopping by guys.

Hoping to have the second cab competed tonight, minus installing fans and fan speed controller.

I have noticed it appears most of the seedlings have sprouted, but only two have shown themselves from the rockwool, I can see what looks like leaves pushing up, nature is fuckin cool, man. I am also going to be transferring my two sprouted seedlings into their final home, and I have noticed quite a bit of yellowing even on new growth, so I might give them a slight feeding at about 1/5 or 1/4 strength nutes. Suggestions?

pH of the water I've been using is stable at 5.4
    To my very unprofessional eye I would suspect calcium and nitrogen deficiency

Sent from my Spaceship using the Grasscity Forum App

Attached Files:

11. seedlings have some nutrients inside and don't start taking nutes from the soil (or whatever medium) until later in life. Could you be overwatering?

12. #32 DazedAndStoned, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    I have been trying to allow the rockwool to dry out before I water, but I very well could be as I am wetting them once every day. I transfered them into the perlite/ vermiculite and gave a little bit of calmag last night, so once dark period is over I will check on them.

I was also told by the breeder I got these hash plant seeds from that they really love the nutes. I'll cut back on watering and see how they improve

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

13. Definitely cut back on watering and I wouldn't feed them nutes for another week at least. That's just my opinion

14. So is it alright if the rockwool becomes quite dry? I know I want the roots to search for water, but the cubes close to my fans dry up pretty quickly, about 24 hours and they are I'd say 90% dry.

I won't be watering the two sprouted one for a few days now. They did seem to react nicely to my 2ml per L of calmag feeding I gave them last night. new growth is a nice green, yellowing tips aren't as bad as they were yesterday.

I am nearly finished up on the veg and drying cab, I may eventually put some cfl in the top part and have a second spot for clones, and build a nightstand dry box not sure yet.

Attached Files:

15. with soil, you wait to water until the soil is completely dry 2 inches deep, so I'd think you'd also want to let the rockwool dryout considerably. The cab looks nice, keep it up!

16. #37 DazedAndStoned, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    OK thanks for tips guys, I'll let them dryout, I'm going to be starting a second batch of seedlings in about 2 weeks so I'll hopefully see better results

17. Hey GrassCity hope you all are as baked as I am. Bit of an update...
    Still have the two sprouts only, pretty sure I drowned the other germinated seeds, so I started all 6 of my bagseed in paper towel. The two sprouts look nice, one has its third set of leaves and the other one is working on its 4th set already (including the baby leafs, forgot what they are called).

I have also reached 80% complete on my veg cab, I am just waiting to buy some fans and a fan speed controller. I will be going with the very cool one that comes with 5 temp probes and adjust their rpm according to the temperature. Considering PCs and MMJ require an ambient temp of no higher than 85-90 I think this should work perfectly for my needs. I have put my blue spectrum LED in the veg cab, but won't be running the cab until I complete it, so until then my red spectrum will have to do for my two babies.

I have also decided to slightly upgrade my flowering dresser to 540W by adding two more LEDs, taking me from 60W a sqft to 90W a sqft. 50% more light should be significant. I am hoping the flowers love it and don't burn, if not I may have to supplement with cfl instead.

What do y'all think? Im going to clean the hell out of both cabs later on, may give the two a drink once they wake up tomorrow.

Attached Files:

18. damn man...that's definitely gonna grow some weed.

What kinda controller did you get? I use one with 4 temp probes...and has auto adjust. It's a 'kaze server' I think..

19. #40 DazedAndStoned, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    I didn't order the controller yet, but the one I am looking at is the aerocool xstrike. It has 25 watts per channel. 5 channels, 5 probes, 5 alarm temps some other neat features, if it pans out I'll buy a second one, if not it'll be going into the gaming PC and I'll look at something else.

How accurate are these probes do you find? Are you able to actually set the temp with your controller or does it just kick up rpm every few ? I don't think this controller can set the temp but PCs run close to the same so either way I think it'll work the way my brain pictures it