360W Led Stealth Dresser And My First Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DazedAndStoned, Aug 31, 2014.

1. I gotta add, I was an idiot and forgot to brace the wardrobe and it almost fell apart on me as I was finishing up hahaha. Should have beefed it up before adding about 300 lbs of wood

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

2. lol....sorry, I had a supercookie earlier.

umm I'd go with like the standard size of intakes equaling 2x the area of the exhaust...If you have extra strong suction though, just make em over kill by like 50%. You can always choke em off easily by adding a prefilter or simply blocking part of them. That might actually help to fine tune airflow and heat too.

3. All is good lol

I tried messing around with the door open to see if I can notice any difference in pressure just to get an idea of the amount of surface area I need but it doesn't seem like I have ANY

I'm gonna drill 1 of each size for now just to see, but I'll probably drill a second of each, since that's what I have read is pretty much the golden rule, just wanted to get a second opinion

I'm gonna make some sort of prefilter just to help block out the light also

Plugging in my light and gonna see how hot it gets, I'm so stoked... this has taken much longer and I've gone way over budget so now I hope all my effort and going overkill is worth it lol.

By my math, I need to grow about 2lbs in a year to pull even for expenses on all 3 cabs. I think it can be done ;)

4. #264 DazedAndStoned, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    Temps have been stable at about 0 above ambient for an hour lol, I think the fan is doing its job. The cooltube is cool to the touch except right in the middle where the bulb is, but at about 2" away its pretty cool. Will report back in at 6 hours if its drastically different just because my memory sucks

It looks awesome when you open it, its so bright it lights up half of my room!

Attached Files:

5. You might be able to just start a plant on the right and train it to the left as it grows?

6. I'm adding a UFO to supplement the bottom right, more than likely will run a SOG in here as well, just because i want to avoid long veg times. Throwing everyone in the cabs tomorrow! Starting a few more seeds too for some future mothers

I thought heat was going to be an issue but its not at all with this MH bulb. Hopefully the LED cab doesn't have any heat issues

7. I had heat issues in a bigger cab then that so you're laughing, LED's should be fine too.

8. My LED cab got up to 97 so tomorrow will be the test, I may have to take the two side lights out, we will see. I'm not too worried, this fan is pulling a ton of air, I probably won't even need a damper

Its sitting at 75 right now and my room is 77, not sure how that is possible probably the way I have my thermometers placed

9. That's quite hot ... I think they're happy from 70-85 and above that get stressed or whatever. My pc grow doesn't go above 82 but growing in a pc is different to your grow :/

10. #270 DazedAndStoned, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    I didn't have my plants in the cab when it got that hot! I have 3 cabs lol. My veg cab sits at 75 all day, it doesn't move from that temp very much.

Its my LED flowering cab that got that hot when I added two extra UFOs (went from 360W to 540W) but with my better cooling system I may not have to worry now, if it gets too hot I'll just pull out a light, I think I'll be good now though :)

Sorry for rambling, I'm just so excited that I finally am done these projects and now I can get to growing some goods! :bongin:

11. I would love to help you build and grow on your cabinets as it looks so much fun. Growing in general is so much fun :)

12. I'm addicted to growing and building stuff haha. I always have a new project going on, next on my list is a motion platform for a flight simulator! :smoke:

13. I still think you may have heat issues man. Not sure but I have a 2 x 2 x 6 grow tent and still couldn't use an hps/mh. Unless you get a lot of fans.

14. No heat issues so far. Lights been on for about 16 hours now and it hasn't reached past 2 above ambient with my fan at 40V. Virtually silent from 10' away.

It hasn't gone past 80 so I think I'm golden. Testing the LED cab today, that one I'm a little more concerned about heat wise

15. what wattage is the hps?

16. 400! I am keeping the ballast outside though, cause that gets fairly hot I'm sure that helps keep it down a bit. But so far no issues with heat, I'm actually a bit surprised too, consider my cooltube is longer than the cab itself haha

17. what the hell. Those high guys at the hydro store lol. I could probably do 600watt

18. I think I have negative pressure lol

Attached Files:

19. First day of 12/12 starts now! I will be adding some flex duct on the intake and bring it right by the solo cups, perhaps I may build a PVC duct system just to give everyone fresh air.

I'm working on the LED cab. Hopefully have that done by tomorrow so I can put a few girls in there

Attached Files:

20. awesome man...must be a relief to get em in there :)  

I received some of those 12v led cob strip lights today...still waitin on heatsinks but I'm gonna check em out. I think I'm gonna do some buildin also tonite.