The Gmo Deception

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Xenzin, Aug 31, 2014.

1. [SIZE=22pt]The GMO Deception[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]What You Need to Know about the Food, Corporations, [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]and Government Agencies Putting Our Families and Our Environment at Risk[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Edited by Sheldon Krimsky and Jeremy Gruber[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Foreword by Ralph Nader[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]“If you do not understand why there is so much opposition to GMOs, nationally and internationally, this book is the place to start.” -Marion Nestle, professor of nutrition, food studies, and public health at New York University and author of Eat Drink Vote: An Illustrated Guide to Food Politics[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=small]“This eye-opening collection of essays by numerous experts lays bare what global corporations like Monsanto are attempting to foist upon us, as well as how activists around the world are fighting back to preserve our children's future.” -Dick Russell, environmental author[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=small]“The GMO Deception is the most comprehensive resource covering all areas of this complex topic.”[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=small]-Ken Roseboro, editor and publisher, The Organic & Non-GMO Report[/SIZE]​
     ​
    [SIZE=12pt]With media buzzwords like “non-GMO,” “biotechnology,” and “genetic integrity” being thrown around, the complexities of the GMO debate can be hard to swallow. Whether it's the issue surrounding the labeling of genetically modified food, the march against Monsanto, or the Right to Know movement, the Council for Responsible Genetics, a premiere biotechnology watchdog group, wants to shed light on this divisive issue.  The GMO Deception: What You Need to Know about the Food, Corporations, and Government Agencies Putting Our Families and Our Environment at Risk (Skyhorse Publishing, June 2014) is a comprehensive, easily digestible look at the social, political, and ethical implications of genetically modified food. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Edited by Sheldon Krimsky and Jeremy Gruber, with a foreword by Ralph Nader, The GMO Deception gives voice to some of the world's most distinguished scientists, science writers, and public health advocates, including Michael Hansen, Vandana Shiva, Frances Moore Lappé, Bill Freese, John Fagan, Michael Antoniou, Claire Robinson, Philip Bereano and Doug Gurian-Sherman, among others. Together, their essays address the GMO debate and answer important questions like:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=12pt]Are GM foods safe and healthy for us?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]Who really controls the power structure of food production?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]Why is it so difficult to get GM foods labeled in the US?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]What kinds of regulations and policies do we need?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]Should animals be genetically modified for food?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We can't afford to be in the dark about how genetically modified food affects our health, our environment, and our dinner table. From “Why GM Crops Will Not Feed the World” to “The Biopiracy of Wild Rice,” every facet of the debate is explored. The GMO Deception presents a broad, immersive portrait of an issue that's not going away. [/SIZE]
    Source.

2. It's really true, people fear what they do not understand...

3. Beats the shit outta being gullible.

You chalk all this up as ignorance, you've only demonstrated how immensely ignorant you truly are. :bongin:

4. but America is the healthiest place in the world so GMO is good!

5. control the seeds and their makeup and you control the world

I pay attention to scientific evidence over political decisions, as should anyone with sense. :bongin:

7. There is no factual evidence to support your theory, Monsanto isn't as honest a Company as you'd lead us to believe.

:bongin:

8. I like how when someone defends the science behind GMOs, they're automatically a supporter of Monsanto.. You get a good idea who's been blinded by bias then.

Mobile mumbling..

9. Yeah, the irony is that it's only science when these studies come out of Monsanto's pockets.
    Tell me, why all the listed countries above have current bans on GMO's? I guess it's just easy to spew the same rhetoric.

10. Stupid. We don't need GMOs unless it is for the purpose of control. Nothing on the planet needs to be genetically modified. Nature provides well enough.

Because the mass population is scared.. same reason the mass population follows a religion. It's easy to fear monger crowds.. and no, it's not only science when Monsanto does the study. That's just you being biased over your hatred for Monsanto due to their shitty business practices. You're like racist people who became racist over one bad interaction with someone from another race, throwing out the entire bunch for one bad apple.

12. To be fair...monsantos business practices are comic book level evil.

13. I'd like to know which GMO company isn't evil.  Anybody here know?

14. And you base this assumption on what exactly?
    Another wrong assumption, atheism is the new fad.
    And it's easier to just assume answers to questions, I like this ideology, you type it up and because you say so it's true. Let's see what else you come up with.
    Exactly, now you know why so many countries are banning GMO's. Scientific studies that contradict what Monsanto's studies tell us.
    Why do you always assume my stance for the convenience of your argument? I certainly do not hate Monsanto, It's not their fault gullible, lazy conformists just let them take over the market with their efficient lobbying techniques all whilst pandering the same rhetoric, employed with the same circular logic and executed chalk filled with ad hominem.
    Holy crap, I don't think even Evel Knievel could have made that jump. I want some of the shit you're smoking. :bongin:

I don't disagree.. but this is just a prime example of the people giving Monsanto the title of "King of GMOs". Monsanto should be the one taken down, not GMOs. This is the same type of bullshit that lead to the anti-vaccine movement, that lead to large anti-vaccine areas having those diseases pop up in. The masses blindly following fear for all the wrong reasons.

So who are the good GMO companies?  I'd really like to know who they are so I could read up on them.

17. I gotta ask, to everyone here...

What's the point of this thread and all of this needless arguing? To coerce people into believing you? Because right now that's all I see.

"You're stupid."
    "No, you're stupid!"

It's the internet, and if someone doesn't think the same way as you, chances are, they never will. Is it so hard to just be polite about the information you're trying to share? Have you tried calming down and speaking like civilized human beings? It works wonders, even if just one person starts doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well if that's what you got out of the few posts in this thread you've done a very poor job of reading. As to what the point of this thread is: a book, if you scroll up the page to the first comment which elaborates that much. Now if you're confused as why forums exist you can always try making your own thread instead of derailing mine. :bongin:

http://aquabounty.com/
    http://www.arborgen.com/
    http://www.arcadiabio.com/
    http://www.okspecialtyfruits.com/
    http://www.florigene.com/
    http://www.performanceplants.com/

You act like every single thing related to GMO is bad.. because you let the fear on Monsanto sink it's claws into you. Like it or not, we're going to need GMOs one day. It might 200 years from now, but we will one day. As a nature lover, I can tell you nature isn't perfect like people like to make it sound. The environment changes, and life evolves into those changes.. it basically plays catch up. I can say with 99.99% certainty that one day in humanity's future, conditions will change so rapidly that life won't be able to catch up in time. I'd hate to see that day come and us not have the ability to alter what we need to alter because we stood around with our thumbs up our asses, all because people can't not focus on a couple of negatives.. and let those negatives blind them with fear.

Behind all the rhetoric, it's very clear what you're saying. And yes, I did understand that it was a book.

Either way, I'll leave you to your thread, for whatever it's worth.