Any Blades On 2 Wheels?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by STilladelph, Aug 30, 2014.

1. #21 El Duderino, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Honda Ruckus with stretched frames. one of the most customizable mopeds ive ever seen. ive seem some cool Ruckus'. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'd like to build one so i could make the handle bars and seat to my height specs. they seem like fun! the first picture has a turbo on it. ive yet to follow up on that...

dude i saw that and was like wtf! bet it pops mad wheelies haha

3. friend of a friend of mine has the exact dirt bike i want, yamaha ttr-225 with light kit. he paid $600 for it. when he first bought it he said he was just gonna hang onto for the summer to get his money out of it, at which point i said i'd buy it off him. the few times we've seen each other i teasingly press him to sell it to me. but his plans changed, as i thought they might. he intends to keep it until he's ready to move on to a bigger bike.

but he broke his foot the other day cranking up a hill on his driveway. he was drunk but thinks he braked too hard up front.

when i first saw his foot in a cast at a party, i walked up and said "hey man, still wanna keep that ttr? doesn't seem to like you much".

i'm gonna ask to borrow it in exchange for maintenance.

dont even waste your time on a ttr225 they are shit. the suspension (especially the front) on them is woefully inadequate so unless you plan on replacing it with something better... you will also need to replace the rims (one of the reason why the bike weighs so much) and exhaust/sprockets etc as well. then it might be something worth riding but at the same cost as a 250 it makes no sense. oh also last i checked there wasnt much aftermarket stuff out for them either. i feel there more for tearing up the road in the country to a neighbours property or something where you dont need a licensed bike compared to a 250 which is capable straight out of the lot.

dont necessarily stick just to yamaha as well. not sure what they are like where you are but second hand here yamaha's are overpriced as shit. i own a drz250 and prefer it to the TTRs (drz is longer). ridden honda's a little and they seemed fine but never had much to do with them apart from that.

5. @[member="organicpandemic"] Honda's are great, indestructible. KTM's are awesome too. 

6. I've had all brands of dirt bikes....buy them used but still good runners, ride the shit out of them, sell them, and find another one.

Imo, none are worth putting a lot of money or work in just to ride around my place....get tired of them after a while anyway.....

haven't looked at suzukis or kawasakis.

between honda/yamaha, yamaha's bikes are lighter. and basically, the bike would be used for very light trail riding and second method of transport to my boss's house, not quite six miles away. have an atv for safer off-roading.

8. I used to have a yamaha xt125 when I was 17 until someone crashed into me. And, being in the UK with our shitty laws, even if I do a full test I can only ride with something up to 47bhp as I'm only 22. I can restrict a bike as long as it wasn't originally double the horsepower, so any bike with 94bhp stock or under is ok. Been thinking about restricting a 600 bandit, they're 78bhp stock, and making it into a streetfighter (I know, original right?)

9. @[member="God Almighty"] What about the KTM duke 390? it was engineered for your situation. The ninja 300 is underrated. 

10. Just bought this yesterday!

It will be repainted very soon lol

Attached Files:

11. Ain't that the truth...

My ride is a '76 550 Four. Still going hard.

12. Im having a problem with fuel cut over 8k in all gears.

Tore the bike apart yesterday, cleaned the carbs, seafoam etc....still the same problem.

Next is fuel filter and regulator

Attached Files:

13. 2005 ktm 625smc I've been riding bikes my whole life. It's my fav thing to do ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412755402.527138.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Did you figure out the problem? It sounds like your carbs are out of sync. Depending on the year, certain models had an exhaust manifold pressure valve, don't remember much about it. 

15. I had AAA tow it back to the dealership to look at it. It would stall randomly on me while driving normal speeds...of course they claimed they found nothing wrong with it.

I have to go up Saturday to have a word with the sales manager

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. My 1999 Harley Davidson Road King.

uploadfromtaptalk1414904598310.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1414904598310.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

17. ripping it up on a 03 R1 unfortunately for me riding season is just about over! ill run the thing until i see that first flake of snow then shes getting put up for a couple months.. what are you riding?

18. Rewired the whole dash assembly, sanded and repainted the fairings, cleaned the carbs, she runs like a champ now.

Attached Files:

19. idk why I expected this to be a thread about wheelchairs.

bike looks great painted anything other than the factory graphix huh lol actually came out great did you do it?

you always forget about the little ones keeping you from falling on your face!