Any Blades On 2 Wheels?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by STilladelph, Aug 30, 2014.

1. I've noticed there's no threads for motorcycle riders on here.

Lets see those bikes!

Im currently in the market for a new bike so I don't have one at the moment.

2. No one rides?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'm considering buying a bike ATM. 1 liter, even though everyone recommends 600 because its balanced better and lighter. I really have no brand preference right now. I like hayabusas but they might be a tad bit too big and powerful for someone that has only rode dirt bikes and ATVs and a 600cc once down the street to get taco bell.

What would you recommend for a beginner?

4. dirt bike rider.

i've spent most of the summer looking for a dual sport yamaha.

dude 600 for sure. 1000s are overkill on the road and you cant really "have fun" like a 600. but then again if you are going to track it depends where you race.

ive got an older 250 dual use zook but its been fucked for a year or so. when i have money *shakes fist*. we have some lovely forests near here but the slippery gravel and water ruts can cause a few booboos haha

6. DRZ-SM. sick bike. I saw one of the new Indian Chiefs the other day, nice bike.

7. Found a nice ninja 500 I might buy this weekend

8. @[member="STilladelph"] those are good bikes. Enough power to keep you interested, not to much to be uncontrollable. Also good for learning basic motorcycle maintenance, trust me you don't want to pay for oil changes.

9. I used to ride dirt bikes, but thinking of getting my license and getting a honda cbr to start. A low power one though

Omega369

10. My good buddy rides, he's always trying to get me to ride his hayabusa... I'd kill myself on a bike like that knowing how much I love to go fast.

11. @[member="Omega369"] The Ninja 300 is pretty sick for a small bike. It almost reminds of the 2 stroke rd-350s and such. Skip the CBR250, it's not the greatest. Depending on where you are, Honda has a new CBR300 coming out soon, KTM has the Duke390 and RC390----hopefully, get these. 

@[member="sleepingblade"] if you haven't ridden a bike, then get on a 'Busa, I think speed would be less of a concern, rather flipping backwards or not knowing how to turn would be your issue.

12. I love me some bikes...have 2 street bikes a R100S BMW, and a Kawasaki KLR 650. 

Also have an old XL 100 Honda and a 250 Suzuki dirt bike....love to tour, but people on phones scare the shit out of me... :eek:

13. main reason i don't have a motorcycle: other motorists.

14. Damn don't jynx me lol

15. KLR are friggin tractors. Can't get anywhere in a hurry, but can go almost anywhere without issue.

i saw these all over n.h. when i was down there working a couple of weeks ago.

17. Used to be on 2 wheels, but we retired the mongoose when we finally got a car again

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. @[member="TheAnswer121"] Are you talking about motorcycles or bicycles? I'm pretty sure my buddy has a mongoose mountain bike

19. #20 littlemisspuffit, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    LOL i have a mountain bike. but when i get to work the bikes are right next to where all the motocycle riders park and those bikes are so fucking sexy. i saw this green and black crotch rocket that i fell in love with. little green skulls around the tires. i want one. maybe all black. but i'm scared.