Autojack and the Northern Lights Triplets - My First Grow w/T5 Lighting

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Shaynesaw420, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Well like I mention the other day im expecting a few things in the mail! My 3 feminized Northern Lights seeds were supposed to be here on the 14th ! They never arrived late before and the orders been sitting in my citys post office with no trackable update since the 14th. So I dunno wtf the delay is. Its priority 3 day envelope so obviously they have fucked up somewhere. I filed a service ticket for it anywho. It pisses me off that the new t5 lights, rooter plugs, grow bags, and light timer have all made it here from places around the world (not on priority shipping) and yet im waiting for mail (3 seeds) that I could literally drive 16 hrs to get the province over... stupid.
    As soon as I get my stuff my next segment will be "The Northern Trip-lights". Do you couple followers think I should start a new thread? or just get the moderator to change the title?

2. wow i thought i was the only one who made the rubbermaid grow box. i used that about 6 years ago from a "redgreenery" topic over at icmag. those things work great. i even had a 150 hps in there at one point. sucks about your friend forgetting to nurture your plants. 

hopefully your next attempt will be better. 

3. #43 Shaynesaw420, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Hey thanks man! Yea that's my newb box! At one time I hade a single 23 watt cfl . I was like oh its light in there so they fine (oh ive come a long way)....  It looks a little different now cause its got a 4 2ft bulb t5 lights that add up to about 98watts and put out about 8000 lums. I still havnt had a first grow :( but from what I read It wont be enough wattage for flowering..? I was hoping I could do a lst/ SCROG technique to work my plants around the T5s since I imagine they don't penetrate more than 4 or 5 inches. But I think I might invest in a cheap HPS round flower time. Canada post must have lost my new fem seeds (they are late and the tracking just stopped at the office in my town.). I will be growing 3 Northern lights women in my next grow. Wanted something fast and easy to grow for my first. Plus im tired of waiting I want to see the beauty of flowering already~>... Just sitting here cursing Canada post. got my rapid rooters wet, my new T 5 sitting in the box, and my soils been mixed and waiting for a couplee weeks. ... Owell Vancouver seed bank should work it out today .
    Hey man ill follow you on your journey! :bongin:

4. Not sure I want to live that long haha! But I'll share my grows as long as I'm able :)

N3wGr0z

5. Well it seems my seeds have been lost. So I went ahead and ordered a few Auto Jack feminized seeds.
    http://www.vancouverseedbank.ca/product.php?id=882&n=Auto-Jack-<i>feminized-single-seed<i/>&r=mn

My fucking new t5 lights arrive today... my pots and light timer arrived yesterday... had my soil mixed for 2 weeks now.. Yet my cities post office managed to fuck up my 3 day xpress mail. Talked to the sender and he said to wait a week which isnt happening.Suppose to be here on the 15.. breaking my balls. neway the new seeds should get here sunday or Monday. Got this autojack  cause it is a fast autoflower variety !  Would be awesome if my seeds showed up today from my first order... get this ball rolling, or growing , or whatever :bongin:
    Got a new dealer recently . Well its an old friend who got his shit back together. Anyways its coming from BC and its yummy! Don't know the strain but nice dense buds, very smooth and enjoyable :hippie:
    [​IMG]

6. So the 3 Northern Lights Triplets arrived today! They found them finally (process error) .. So I had my rapid rooter plugs soaking for 24 hours. Followed Xlr8's way off germinating/sprouting seeds. http://www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/181518-xlr8-s-seed-germination-technique-germinating-rapid-rooter-plugs.html

I placed them into my soil mix which had some soilless organic seedling starter 25%, bloom soil mix 15 %, worm castings 30%, perlite 30%. Into the 3.5 gallon mixture I threw a handful of bloodmeal, and ground up a handful of bonemeal, added a small handful of lime aswell. I have had this soil mixed and have added and stirred moisture in the last 18 days. Liking these lights! Run really cool! Hope to see some seedlings in the morning :) Could be a bit yet though. Really excited about lst-ing some Northern Lights by Next Generation. http://www.vancouverseedbank.ca/product.php?id=856&n=Northern-Lights---feminized-single-seed&r=mn

[​IMG]

7. The 2 foot 4 bulb T 5 Lights , 96 watts, 8000 lumens
    [​IMG]

8. Can't wait to see em spring up!! I'm actually missing my grow while I'm away !!

N3wGr0z

9. So Northern lights 3/3 sprouted! Autojack was disappointing only 1/3 popped. The others popped but just never figured themselves out I guess.. But still that's 4 sprouts! As somebody once said to me "something is better than nothing " lol :smoke:

Pic 1 Autojack pop
    [​IMG]

2nd pic Northen lights. Have 2 girls in 1  pot . and one by itself. Gonne experiment with the 3rd girl.
    [​IMG]

Im really impressed with how cool these lights are, I got them about an inch and 1/2 away and no stress from the seedlings.
    [​IMG]

And scratched something off my bucket list the other day. Got some pics with Howard and Raj from The Big Bang Theory :ey:  :yay: [​IMG]

10. New sprouts !! I'm excited for you !!

N3wGr0z

11. Hey thanks for watching ! Things are slow right now but exponential growth right? :p Subbed right back brother

12. I just looked at pics of my plants from two weeks ago and I haven't even noticed how much they have grown. It's so weird how they grow like that. I swear I went through about a three week period where they didn't do shit. Also next time I'm going to put them into big containers sooner like you are doing, I transplanted a little late on mine and lost out on some potential growth.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html
    And bad ass on meeting the cast from Big Bang theory I love that show

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html

13. Finally just checked out your journal. I don't know if you have ever said but what's your main reason for running cfl's? No space to throw up a real tent with hps or led? I see your using rapid rooters, picked up mylar, geo pots. So low budget can't be the only reason for running cfl. I like the diy element you have going in your grow and I am subbed in to see how you paint your little piece of the world green.

Hey man actually got some T5's right now. Will most likely be adding more lights for flowering (and different spectrum of course)
    Thanks for checking out my grow. You must have been on page 1. I was naïve and thought I could sprout and veg with a single CFL. This is well my 2nd 1st grow. Wrap your mind around that one :p
    went away and had my roomy take care of my seedlings. Well they died about a month back cause he didn't water em.
    Got these t5's litereally an inche away from my seedling and im impressed with how cool they run.
    They only add up to 96 watts.. but runs 8000 lumens.
    Also I chose some easy growing strains aka Northern Lights in the hopes
    that with the proper training and lsting that I can make some bushy plants that grow around my lights.
    Also with the hope that I wont have to add a lot more lights come flower.
    Money isn't an issue but I can see what your getting at.
    I don't miss my cfls at all they were hot!
    Normallyeverytime  after saying T5 I get a lecture on how I should
    have bought an hid or led light.
    Have you heard of anybody having success with T5's.
    Perhaps maybe you could recommend some helpful ideas.
    I see you round the city a lot. Nice to meet you pal!

15. Keep the plant short and flat. Super crop and tie that plant down to get more tops and spreads it out side to side. That a 4 bulb light? If so something like 3 red 1 blue light for flower. The only draw back with t5 is that it doesn't penetrate so keeping you plant short and flat is key. Look into how to mainline a plant. Basically top it or fim it to start and work the plant like a y away from each other. I t hi k you can manage to pull some bud off your plants as long as you get your spectrum right, and train the he'll out of your plant. Also I would think a very short veg time is in order for you. Basically only long enough to get 6-8 tops off your newly split "y" shaped bush. I think you have got all the basic information like that Down by now as I see you using the lsting terms in regards to your grow. I definitely think that a t5 grow to the finish line is possible. On a different board I see people raving about a grow log of raiz. All I did was bing flowering marijuana to finish t5. With as much as I see your name around GC I know you are going to put a good grow. Just don't let your rookie touch them again uhh.

16. Hey ive learned something new today . Have never heard of mainlining .
    I guess in my mind that is what I thought lsting was.
    Do you have any good reads on mainlining ?
    Thought I heard it all!!

17. #59 Shaynesaw420, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
    What advice would you give a guy who wants to harvest in the fastest time possible? Well maybe not possible.
    But fast and efficiently

18. I would say in your case that main lining which is just really topping to make a y than running the two tops away from each other tied down constantly. Than growing the new tops that form only on the facing up side of plant into your bush. Is how I would grow with a t5 setup. Some people will tell you to mainline and than throw a scrog net in there. Throw a Super crop on both hacks of the y to improve nute flow in th plant, with tape handy if you have never tried bending before. Soon as you get like 4-5 tops on either side flower that sucker. Change your t5 bulbs to2-3 red spec. 1-2blue/veg spec. Than build a second box to match your first and start your next vegging plant at the same time. Using the tote like you do you could stack those suckers. Cut a vent hole in the back of the tote on the veg box, put a fan in.

I think two setups is always the fastest and most efficient. When your first plant gets to flower there isn't a whole lot to do but make sure she is watered and not having issue as with nutes. The second veg box makes sure you stay involved. I am also a learning grower so everything I say is based on the limit experience I have. I have built 4 grow rooms so far. I manage two of my own veg and flower. I help manage another growers room that I had built for them veg/bloom. Only difference run from my setup is they use t5 and for to veg. However they have a 8x6 flower room. I clone and veg some plants for their room as well. In fact my weak plants from my grow are out doing the two plants they had raised from clone from a dif grower.