Oil Bong To Regular Bong Conversion

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by icy3141, Aug 30, 2014.

1. #1 icy3141, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    My sister just got a new bong, but when it came, there was no bowl, only some odd mechanism we did not recognize. After some brief research, I found that it was an oil dome and a glass nail for "dabbing wax."

We tried smoking with it, but the dome prevents the flame from properly reaching the bud and the hole is so big, that some falls through even with the nail serving as a screen.

Is there any way to convert this into a regular bong with a bowl and down stem? I tried to research how to do it or what I need, but it seems everyone posting about this wants to do just the opposite, turn a regular bong into an oil bong.

2. Post a pic of the bong

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 YoShytsWeak, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Two ways to do this.

1. Get a bowl with a female joint instead of a male joint and your good,

2. Buy a glass on glass converter for like $10-15 and a regular bowl with a male joint.

Done and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. ^^^^^Only info you need

5. The ONLY diffrence between a weed bong and an oil rig, is the place where you put the material. Should be able to find a bowl that will mount to the same joint the nail sits on.  Pics would help.

6. Hahaha I'm sorry for laughing but I'm picturing you trying to smoke weed off a nail. Yeah that guy nailed it. Either a male to female converter and a slide to match, or a female slide. Just figure out your joint sizes before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum