At What Point Can You Interfere With Someones Religion?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by gsr, Aug 30, 2014.

1. How many people skipped straight to the TL;DR section??

2. Maybe to the untrained eye

Explain

4. Isn't there an animal cruelty issue here?

5. #25 Lenny., Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Ok OP, in my opinion, interference should be done when there is abuse going on. Child abuse is a problem with certain sects of the religious.  All that shit you described sounds nasty, but it doesn't cross any sort of threshold. Animal abuse, perhaps, but there's far worse that could have been happening. Indoctrinating children into religious mindsets is not abuse, although I disagree with this practice. One can only hope today's children will utilize the tools at their disposal to learn what the world is really about. 

If you don't like it, my advice would be to stay away from it. 

6. the church of santeria has been taken to the supreme court a few times, but a judge ruled in their favor. if its for religious purposes, they cant mess with it.
    Yea i agree with you 100%. Tbh i never have and never will call police on anybody unless someone is severely injured. I just wanted to see how everyone else felt about it. Santeria is a creepy ass religion lmaooo

7. I consider indoctrinating your child into your religion before they're old enough to make their own choices in itself a form of child abuse. Coupled with the animal abuse, but calling the cops probably won't do shit unless you record them actively harming an animal for religious purposes. I love animals, but I probably wouldn't care if they didn't waste the animal. Sure, the nutjob abuse is shitty, but its not much worse than what most animals go through with industrial processing. Sine they're wasting the animal though, you'd have a better case for animal abuse.. but it'd be like trying to kill cockroaches. Now if they made proper use of the animal after putting it through all that, my only complaint would he the same complaint with all religion.. keep your child out of it til they choose to come in, like how your mother did.

Mobile mumbling..

8. Actually, you should try to start a new movement of enlightened Santerians. Where they take their dead animals to somehow be processed properly and given to the homeless and starving. They can even believe their evil is inside them.. cause evil protein is better than no protein. Make it sound like it'll sit well with god.

Mobile mumbling..

9. Even though we are free to do what we want, it's a good thing to show people the error of their ways.

We can't force and change people we can only point it out and it is up to that person to decide for themselves.

10. (off topic)  Your avatar looks like a little girl with monster breasts suckling herself through her undershirt.  (yes, i know it's a pillow, LOL)

Never noticed it, but you're right.

12. Religion is all together bad. It has never, and will never contribute positively to society and should be abolished. It's foolish, primitive and it perpetuates ignorance.

13. I'm a terrible person.

You must be young or not from North America.  I know a ton of people affected by the 9/11/01 coverage, especially the coverage over the following days/weeks/months.

But come on, folks.  Really?  You can't tell this OP is trolling you? 

15. Seriously.  Right click the picture in his OP, then click "Search Google for this image".  It's Venezuelans, not Cuban Americans.

http://tinyurl.com/k97ovye

16. I looked it up before replying to make sure I wasn't being had.. and it seems legit. According to the wiki, there have been court hearings about animal abuse, and most cases ruled in favor of religious freedom.. but seems to bring a lot of nutjobs..

Mobile mumbling..

17. #38 gsr, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    Trolling? LMAO. How bout you google the religion before you try calling me out for being a petty jester/liar?

Heres where the image came from after googling "SANTERIA RITUALS" (Do it yourself if you dont believe me):
    http://www.conspiracynews.net/post/17391007730/lincoln-memorial-park-grave-disturbances-could-be-linked

Heres more links on santeria:
    http://santeriachurch.org/our-services/ritual-and-sacrifice/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santer%C3%ADa
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/santeria/

Just because something seems surreal to you doesnt mean it cant be real.

18. Because I did a google image search on what you posted.  That wasn't your Cuban-American neighbors in Florida.  That was in Venezuela.  Because your language is excessively inflammatory.  Because your post is very much in classic troll style.  You are clearly trolling for racist outrage.  Whatever, I don't really care.  Trolling like this is a fairly innocuous pastime.  I was more remarking on why everyone was buying it.

19. And it's not surreal to me, though it appears to be so, to you.  I'm familiar with Santeria.  Since I eat chicken, and goat, and find them delicious, I don't really have a problem with killing them for religion.  People take baths in milk, and when you really think about it, that's pretty gross, too.  We eat the amnion of chickens (eggs).