Ultima Online Is Back /orgasm

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by yurigadaisukida, Aug 30, 2014.

1. #1 yurigadaisukida, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/
    :wub::wub::wub::wub:

For those who don't know about ultima online, it is/was the first best and only real mmorpg.

If you play wow and thinks an mmorpg, you are missing out.

If you okayed star wars galaxies you may know a hit about ultima oonline. SWG is the only mmo I know tjay came close to UO.

This game was the real deal.

The land felt realistic. It wasn't divided into lame level zones. There were animals and.monsters of all types scattered across the land. A low "level" player could accidentally find a lich lair in his noob area.

There were no levels. You leveled up skills iinstead. If I hit a monster with a sword, my skill in swordsmanship would raise. If I mined my mining would raise. It was 100% customizable.

There wwas less.emphasis on grinding for gear, and more on playing the game (at least until ea took over and released age of shadows, fuckers)

Not only was there housing, but the houses could be built block by block. And the open sandbox world allowed you to build your house almost anywhere.

Items and places in the game were more role.playing based than dungeon grind based

Ultra rare items were more likely to be house decorations that noob owning weapons.

OMG the list goes on.

Ill post some YouTube videos of the old game

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kgCxk5x24&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I almost watched his hole video.stoned just now. So much nostalgia

Here is a list of main skills (I'm not gonna post all the skills its fucking huge.

Many skills have other skills you "need" to level up with them

Weapon skills - Swordsmanship/fencing/macefighting/archery

Combat skills -
    tactics (increases weapon damage and I think it did something else too)
    Anatomy (increases healing and damage and aallows you to size up opponents strength)
    Healing/veterinary (use bandaids to heal)
    Parrying - use shields
    Animal taming/animal lore (there were a lot of monsters that could be tamed. Dragons, ostards (my favorite they are like raptors), hellhounds/cats, imps, shit the list goes On. I used to run a stealth tamer with those mutli tailed Asian foxes from the samurai expansion.

Magery (obviously there are combat.spells but I'm gonna share the cooler non combat stuff(
    Some spells incognito (change appearance) gate travel, teleport, ,wall of stone/cure/poison, lots of summoning spells including horses.

There was also a necromanccy and chivalry (paladin) spellcasting skills added later

Evaluating inteligence (increases spell damage)

Bard skills
    Musicianship - base required skill
    Peacemaking - makes things stop fighting
    Provocation - makes.monsters fight eachother
    Enticement - lower enemy skills/resistances

Lots if crafting skills. Fishing. Tailoring. Leatherworking. Everything.

Some pvp thief skills
    Lockpicking (used to be able to get into people's houses but that git nerfed
    Snooping (look in their inventory, without this you would just grab random items)
    Stealing -steal stuff from a players inventory

The amazing thing was that you got 700 skill points. You could completely.customize your character. You didn't even need to Max many if the skills. You could cut like 20 points off a few skills to make room for an extra

If I wanted a ranger bard I could do

Swordsmanship
    Archery
    Tactics
    Musicianship
    Provocation
    Fishing
    Cooking

Or if I wanted a pure warrior I could do

Weapon skill
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Parrying
    Any two extra skills like maybe hiding and stealthing

Pure crafters, pure thief's, thrifty crafters, animal tamers ninjas.

Ninja pirates.

You could literally make any character.

/high

3. This actually looks cool, they put way more thought into games back then.
    Ill have to check it out sometime.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Brother Urb, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Ultima Online was the best back in the day.....until Trammel.

We had a pk guild, we had a regular guild, we had duel tournaments on my mage tower, we even had stat pk's for a while.  Factions was even fun for a short while but quit soon after.

Fishing up treasure maps, taming dragons in deceit... ah those were the days.

When is release date for Shroud of the Avatar?

5. I also remember the very first time I was PK'd.  A guy named John Adams.  He had a pack of timber wolfs and he PK'd my friend and I both and somehow I ran into a house and got boxed in and fatigued by his wolves and died.

......memories.

6. You can.okay the origiinal version of UO for free right now.

I think the site is in the video.I posted

7. I don't think there is a rrelease date yet. But I'm getting destiny ps4.bundle to keep me.occupied.

I am stoked for this