Opinions On to Kill A Mockingbird?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Concise_Brevity, Aug 30, 2014.

1. I know its old, but classic...some of you probably read it in high school. But i didn't but im reading it now that im 22, & its still worth reading because its already taught me a thing or two. Any thoughts? Something i may be overlooking?

2. I loved reading it. I should get it from the library again. After I finish The Dark Tower series.

3. Fucking horseshit. The asshole is still alive mocking me. 0 stars

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I remember having to read it, Canterbury tales, bartleby the scrivener, Beowulf, and the Odyssey.

5. You can rent the movie starring Carey Grant as the lawyer.

6. Wow. Those are some classics. We read grapes of wrath, of mice and men, & call of the wild. All great great books (& i know about the plays, yes. Just havent seen them yet.)

7. Mice and men. I remember that one too. :D

8. Seen the movie and read it in school

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

9. Loved it, it was super moving. I could really feel the authors emotions. Great book

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. I loved it!! It was a fantastic book worth reading at any age

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. To Kill A Mockingbird is amazing. It's probably my favorite book of all time. I'm 25 and I'll still read it from time to time.

12. Its okay I guess. It was kinda fucked up how the times were though back then

13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntI62LWSJA
    These videos are so addictive.

14. What I love about the book is that it is the perspective of a child on a very strained, politically loaded trial. The machinations of the different actors are all confusing and bewildering to Scout, and she grows up watching it all play out.

15. Posting live from the Radley house as we speak.

16. It's a good story, and the story behind it is also interesting.  A lot of people don't realize that it's all based on real people and things. The author Harper Lee is Scout, and childhood friend Dill is actually the writer Truman Capote. Some believe that he was the one who really wrote it, based on Harper's idea, but both always vehemently denied that.

17. The sequel to TKAMB by Harper Lee is coming out, its been lost until recent.

18. One of my favorite books. I love it

19. Cary Grant was not in To Kill A Mockingbird.  Atticus Finch, a lawyer, was played by Gregory Peck.  
    <div> 

</div>

20. Truman Capote was a childhood friend of Harper Lee, the author of To Kill A Mockingbird.  There is speculation that he helped her write it.  The character of Dill, who was a playmate of Scout, Atticus' daughter, in the book and film, was based on Capote.