2014 Growers Challenge

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mjmama25, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Without a healthy soil base your soil teas aren't shit besides a treat to your plants. But in organic reality you treat your soil with treats not your plants ( so what I've learned)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yep, it's the same as how we feed out stomachs and the intestines break it down into usable food. Stomach = soil and intestines= micro heard. Some of what we eat affects us right away by giving us energy, and some gets stored for later. Everything on earth fallows the same basic cycles. It's pretty cool.

3. Yeahhh that looks tasty, I wish I could get the trichomes on my girls to look like that.. I think its all in the strain that i'm growin. 

4. Thanks. :) Last season I had some Deadhead OG and Detroit Badass that were both super triched out. I bought 16 more of the Deadhead, so I just about have a lifetime supply of that since I will only grow 1 or 2 a year, lol. I ordered a 6 pack and got 10 more as freebies. It was supposed to be Tahoe OG freebies but that ran out and gave me doubles of what I already ordered. Oh well. At least it's a strain I like! The Detroit Badass is from a friend breeder (IRG seeds), but you can buy it online too if you google it. Good stuff. Grew like a beast with a productive high.
    ^^ So what strains are you growing?

5. Im finally starting to understand the organic growing, so much to learn because everyone has their own different ways to do stuff and everyone believes in different methods. This season will be a great chance for me to put the stuff i have learnt into practice, but for now I want to enjoy these Cali grows, which I can definitely agree with being some of the best bud in the world.

6. Just had to tie down again, for the last time this year...I think haha. The 4 AK 48 are using up pretty much all the space available in my 10 x 20 x 8 greenhouse, thats why the pics are a little close, but they are doing well. Im adding 2 feet to the height of this greenhouse next year and am planning on building a new, larger greenhouse as well. Nice to watch the progress of all the grows on here.

Attached Files:

7. Attached Files:

8. nice, reminds me of my backyard the past two seasons. Missing not having any real outdoor this year but gearing up for next year up here in Humboldt. So I'm not too sad.

haha thanks bro!man this year was so nice to grow vs the past years.sucks that you couldnt but next year going to be crazy i bet lol

10. That's big time for a residential lol. That's what's up. I bet your neighbors love you. All in ground?

11. That last pic in particular is just stunning. You can tell those plants are well cared for.

12. I'm glad you came to check out this thread. You have some beautiful plants. Have you tried super soil?

13. Thank You mjmama! :)

14. The two types of headband are the last to join the party. Just now starting to form buds. I'm going to be harvesting until Halloween and trimming till Thanksgiving.

My 818 Headband
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

15. She's small but shes mine. Lol. She's coming along great. No matter the yeild I'm excited to smoke my own. She's really starting to fattin up too.

Attached Files:

lol I had too this year for my self and couple patients to last for the year!Yeah im friends with all my neighboors and let them knew ahead of time so im grateful :) All in the ground 3 1/2 feet x 3 1/2 wide holes!
    Thanks !I take care of them daily!

Im glad i did too thank you for the suggestion.I have not yet but thinking of trying it in the future.

lol Thats always a good thing ;) Beautiful plants by the way.Love the lush of green.They have not been neglected as you can tell :hello:

17. Sorry. Here are my other babies. The smallest one got planted on 7/12. Its my little trooper for sure. Dam sidewayz pic. Sorry. But I'm happy with the 3 of them...

Attached Files:

18. #118 SmokeDaGanja, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Colorado grower here. Only my second year outdoors but I think I am starting to get the hang of it. Got a couple random pot sizes but my 2 big GDPs are in the ground with 60 gallons of super soil in each hole. Currently fed teas and the occasional top dressing of my homemade EWC. GDP, Cannatonic, and Blue Dream are the strains I have going now, Just start pre flowering so I will upload some more pictures further down the road!
    0830141736.jpg

0830141737.jpg

0830141737a.jpg

0830141737b.jpg

0830141738.jpg

0830141738a.jpg

0830141739.jpg

0830141739a.jpg

0830141740.jpg

0830141740a.jpg

0830141740b.jpg

Half of these plants beginning of life were on bottled nutirents hint the early yellowing leaf, Got donated some plants a buddy didnt have a way to move them to a new location. I would have to say they are responding pretty well after a hefty dose of compost and some top dressing!

19. She may be modest in size, but she's all buds from the looks of it. Very nice.

20. It must feel good growing in CO and being part of the first generation to experience legal weed. I'm glad to hear you switched those babies over to organics. It's always my preferred way to grow. :) Keep the pics coming as they progress.
    I just got this email from attitude in response to letting them know they had a fatty bud worm in one of the pics from their current adds.

"Hi there
    Thanks for letting us know – we have contacted the breeder to see if they can provide us with an alternative picture.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!"