Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana And Itp?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mistyrain, Aug 30, 2014.

1. I have a family member who recently started smoking for back pain. They just had a bad flare up of ITP and I am wondering if the MMJ could have had anything to do with it. ITP=idiopathic thrombocytopenia. Anyone have any idea?   

2. #2 beaniegrl420, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    As in caused it? No. It's idiopathic, so they don't know the cause, but chances are that this would have happened with or without the smoking. At least they had some pain management in the meantime. Smoking cannabis won't compromise the immune system further, but it doesn't boost it tremendously either. 

I don't know if smoking will help with anything in this new development other than the pain, but a topical application can do wonders for their bruising! 

I use lotion on my bruises, since Im such a klutz and generally vitamin K deficient I bruise really easily. ...doesn't help when I drink too lol

The lotion reduces the healing time by weeks sometimes! 

Also, as an immunobooster, cannabis oil or edible, but more likely oil, would be the best option. It can also help with pain. Probably a mixed ration of THC and CBD...nothing less than 5:2 

3. Thanks for the info it really helps!