Hps For 12/t5 For The Other 12??

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by greenthumb412, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Hello everyone

Starting very first Homegrow and I have a decent setup.  The question is, since my HPS 400w lamp is my most expensive/beneficial feature, I want to utilize it as much as possible.  Do you think I can Veg the mothers and soon to be clones inside the flower tent for the 12 hours that its on, and then move them to 12 hours T5 while the flower tent is "asleep"??      

I am beginner grower and have been reading more information than a college course xD, but any Experience    with this anyone?  perhaps it will cause too much stress? I've heard ppl do 1/2 tent -1/2 sunlight but the 2' t5 and maybe a few cfls enough for a few plants?

Also about Nutrients.   Small operation here like 3-4 plant sog coco.   Should I mix a gallon and store the mix in room temp area in a jug or mix just enough for each "dose" feeding.  I was intending to store maybe 1/2-1 gallon just on the shelf for 1-2 days feeding, that cool ? or will it dilute as to throw it off(too much)

thanks ahead of time-any info, even unrelated is welcome..(about cannabis cultivation :eek:)

2. I would imagine 12 HPS and 12T5 should work fine as long as you can move them everyday otherwise you'll stress the plant