Plant Sex, The Art Of Creating New Strains

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by rain dancer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. coke vials lol. I opted for the crack vials myself. they take up less room.

[​IMG]

2. Did you have to cut the perfume stick off thoes or was there nothing but the lid

3. grown any of these out? goji and dream beaver x jack both sound like great pairings.

4. what's the best way to collect and store pollen.. someone has said to cut the sacks off and collect the pollen but I want to be sure before I do anything

5. not yet, they are pretty freshly harvested. I do have a buddy I gave the dreambeaver x jack and he already has 6 cracked. he's over at ICM though but I'll keep tabs on em.

6. #346 rain dancer, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Results of my sleestack skunk breeding project.

100+ seeds, 9 strains crossed out of 13 attempted.
    [​IMG]

I branch pollinated per plant. Yield was not compromised.

7. On to the next round of breeding. A few regs in this next batch so we'll see what males we get to choose from. Each strain will have one branch pollinated. :) hopefully we can grow the strains by another 15 or so :)

Planted 25 beans tonight. 
    [​IMG]
    Here are the strains ive decided to grow:

2- Kiwi Gangster (L.A. Confidential Mother x Mt. Cook Father)
    -only recommended for seasoned smokers
    -Extreme potency
    -90% indica + 10% sativa
    -lineage includes Afgani, Thai, European, New Zealand and North American roots!
    - in or outdoor strain
    -high mold resistance outdoors

2- Silver Haze-(skunk x northern lights x haze)
    -skunk,northern lights, haze genetics
    -15% indica & 75% sativa
    -first cannabis cup winner

2- Snowy Haze (silver haze mother x white russian father)
    -60% Sativa & 40% indica
    -white widow/ak 47 ancestors
    -high lingers
    -indoor only, requires lots of light
    -potent

2- White Russian-(ak 47 x white widow)
    -mostly indica
    -53-63 days flowering
    -medicinal plant
    -very potent, long lasting high

2- Turban Haze (master kush mother x silver haze father)
    -high yields, strong high
    -50% indica & 50% sativa
    -mind, body, soul high
    -asian lineage, kush and haze
    -indoor and outdoor, does better outdoors due to height

2- Limey Haze (Blue Cheese Mother x Silver Haze Father)
    -mental and physical high, but slighty more cerebral
    -50% indica & 50% sativa
    -blueberry, skunk, and haze lineage
    -prefers indoors but can do great outdoors depending on grower
    -sweet taste

2- Fearsome 4 (Kiwi Gangster Mother x White Russian Father)
    -potent high yields
    -coma high, cant shake it
    -85% indica & 15% sativa
    -Lineage only includes cup winners
    -predominately indoor but does well outdoors depending on grower

2-Apple Pie (g13 haze mother x super skunk father)
    -high yields
    -balanced high
    -60% indica & 40% sativa
    -indoor and outdoor, prefers outdoor due to size

5- vision seeds chocoloco (Thai Sativa x Chocolope Haze)
    -90% Sativa - 10% Indica
    High on THC and High on CBD in perfect quantitative balance
    Indoor/outdoor-gets large, sativa dominant

1-OGS Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong is arriving back in the shop – fresh, new seedstock made naturally outdoors this 2014 season.  This latest breeding takes the Donk up to the 10th generation (f10).  The last batch that sold out was F9, made back in 2009.

Donkey Kong is a blending of Columbian Gold, Oaxacan, Panama Red, a high-altitude Mexican sativa, some Thai/Asian with Blueberry and some other mysteries. A sativa-dominant hybrid, yet phenotypes expressing indica dominant traits can be found. About 60% of plants exhibit a sativa-dominant growth structure.  When grown well, it will develop quite long, medium-dense buds. And its quite resistant to powdery mildew and mold.

40/60  Indica/Sativa
    Plant height – from 5-8+ feet tall
    Grow method – top, lst, pinch, scrog, xmas tree
    Flowering period – 56-70+ days
    Yield – medium – medium/large
    Potency – strong
    Effect – Uplifting, happy, energizing yet calming,  just plain good fun, good for day and evening use.

Developed from potent old-school genetics – Columbian Gold,  Oaxacan, Panama Red, a high-altitude Mexican sativa, some Thai/Asian (Blueberry, and some mysteries).   Cultivated outdoors for over 30+ years in the beautiful Pacific Northwest

Donkey Kong  develops super long (donkey schlong), super large (King Kong) sized buds that are ready for harvest outdoors by mid to late October.  By October the leaves may turn a deep purple outdoors.  Its a very smooth, delicious tasting smoke that delivers a strong, lasting, UP-lifting yet calming high.

Features of this potent cannabis variety:

Germinates easy - Easy to grow for beginners.
    Yields from 300-900 gm/square meter (1/2 – 1 pound+ per plant), depending on growing conditions
    Height from 5 – 8 feet at maturity (does well topped/pinched back if height is issue)

1- Hazeman Molokai Kush (molokai frost hawaiian sativa landrace x bubba kush)
     -Flowering Time = 9 to 10 Weeks 
    -Very Balanced Mix of Indica & Sativa Genetics 
    -Easy to Manage But Very Tall 

1- Royal queen seeds Painkiller XL (high cbd)(Juanita la lagrimosa x respect 13)
    -Royal Queen Seeds harnessed two extremely CBD-rich strains, Juanita la Lagrimosa (Spanish for "Tearful Jane") and Respect 13
    -Very small indoors, larger outdoors
    THC 9%
    CBD 9%
    Yield Indoor 475-525gr m2
    Yield Outdoor 400-450 grams per plant dried
    Height Indoor 60 - 100 cm
    Height Outdoor 120 - 150 cm
    Flowering time 8 weeks
    Harvest month Late September
    Type Sativa: 70% Indica: 30%

1- OGS bubba kush x mastadon
    -Genetics: Bubba Kush (elite cut) x Mastodon
    -Flowering period: 55-60 days
    -Outdoors by end September (northern OR)
    -Height: medium to tall – grows wide
    -Yield: above average to HIGH
    -Odor: low/medium
    -Flavor/experience:  Full ‘o flavor – spiced coffee, chocolate vanilla musk
    -Potency: 8 - relaxing, very medicinal

[​IMG]
    i also moved the "mother" plants into the grow room, switched the timer to 18 hours (veg) and moved all the plants under one xml 650 on around 30% power with the light at roughly 35 inches from the canopy, the tallest plants that is. Now we'll get to see some vegetative growth. Some of these plants were severely damaged by being rootbound, untrained or topped, or lsted and having severe fungus gnat damage. Some still have gnats but we cant treat the plants/room until were done drying the herb :)

Also some of the harvested plants are ready to trim :)

Decided to wait on the barneys farm blue cheese and grow them next round :)

Updates to come

~ poke

8. Dig this shit bro... The Dark Rhino cross grew some big ol fat buds on a fairly small plant, this one is soil not hydro.

That was a good cross I have about 12 seeds of that.

darkrhino1.jpg

9. Thats a nice little yielder you got there and nice fat buds too :)

12 seeds is enough to breed a couple thousand more easily. Got any more breeding plans for those? Keep up the good work snoop! :)

10. quite the setup you got goin on poke :bongin:

lookin great man :D

yep, now inline breeding and will have lots of those, love whats become of them.

12. excited to see these.

13. Thanks bro. Lovin the look of your c99 and strawberry plants :) strawberry cough was my favorite strain for many years :)

me too snoop, that plant looks beautiful, those IBLs are gonna be fire no doubt. You notice any different phenos or is it pretty stable? 
    me too guys!

Well ill have to update my seed pic above. Harvested two plants last night and pulled tons of seeds from the seeded branches that were immature when i harvested seeds.

Specifically, the largest pineapple chunk (50+)and largest iced grapefruit (12+) had some beans.

That means ive added another 17 strains in the last week to my seedstock. Thats 6 strains from others and 11 from breeding projects.

May get all 13 seeded strains but we will see.

14. So...... this is the red light district of GC!

15. Sounds like you are just kicking out the beans :D

What kind of goal do you have in mind for number of strains strains and number of seeds per strain?

16. The end goal is to have my own seedbank established in the next 3-5 years. Im going to finish growin the 100+ strains i have in my collection now to decide which i prefer and why. Of the highest rated (im keeping mental and pysical reviews of each, from growth patterns and rates to yield, to medicinal properties) the best for each purpose needed will be established into new cannabis breeds not currently available to the market.

Once i decide on a few strains i will work vigorously to establish phenos that are as close to stable as possible without a multimillion dollar lab. Luckily, ive got a few current seedbanks on board who want to test my genetics in a lab so that we can establish percentages of thc, cbd, and mold content, to help my grows and medicine improve in quality.

Ive got two current strains now that are promising and im breeding a branch of every female that enters my garden. The best mothers stay in clone form whereas those that are just "okay" end up crossed with superior genetics.

This ensures i keep genetics around :)

I already provide medicine to a few people irl to help with multiple conditions, and the goal is to grow from there. As this is my full-time job and my most dedicated hobby i think its a reachable goal in that timeline, if my health permits it that is :)
    ~ poke

Those certainly sound like some ambitious and noble goals.  I'm sure with your level of knowledge and experience you shouldn't have much problems attaining them.

I'm not to familiar with many seed banks, but I know Oregon Green Seeds up here in Oregon are doing some great things.  They are running a smaller operation and straying away from feminized seeds.  They are breeding seeds/plants that are more acclimated to the PNW.

Are you wanting to do something along those lines, or are you wanting to beef things up and trying to provide for a large seed site/store?