Are There Any Here That Know What Their First Constitutional Right Is?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChristopherABrown, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm talking about a right you can use, with other Americans that know this right, to protect your other rights and freedoms.

2. #2 Royal Vengeance, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Something along the lines of the state CAN NOT establish a religion.. Or make laws based on religion..

But people only talk about the freedom of speech part

3. Nope, think along the lines of "alter or abolish".

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409372652.316555.jpg

You are talking about the first amendment right?

5. Either assembly or guns.. Always forget

6. No, it came from "alter or abolish" in the Declaration of Independence.  Later codified and structured with a legal process.

Bill of Rights, 1792, 1st and 2nd AMD.  Nope.

7. AWWWWWW I wasn't going back enough important papers XD

The people of the country have the right to alter or abolish the govt.

8. Fine, 3rd, whatever

9. Your on a device that has the Internet.. Which means you have google.. Which means guessing.. Just doesn't make any sense lol besides like he said it's not an amendment. It's a right granted to the people in the Declaration of Independence.

10. #10 iAmBetty, Aug 30, 2014
    I was in no way being serious

11. #11 Old School Smoker, Aug 30, 2014
    Life, liberty and the persuit of happiness

I was born on the 4th of July i know these things

12. This is truely sad that we fight to protect our rights and most these days don't know the bill of rights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Yes, but the 1787 constitution codifies it and structures a legal process. That is your actual first right of process to defend rights and freedoms.

It is really only controlled by constitutional
    intent within our acting to "alter or abolish" which is our duty to define.

14. Those certainly are the rights first mentioned, but they are not specifically rights with due process. Those are the unalienable rights, that if abused by government, we are then empowered by "alter or abolish" as later codified to to use as defense of the unalienable rights you mention.

I'm making a point here. The point is that no school ever teaches Americans about this right of action in defense of rights.

15. #15 Old School Smoker, Aug 30, 2014
    That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

That means if federal government goes against our own constitution, that we the people should abolish it and start over again. That could mean an uprising? What is your point? Are you referring to the current marijuana laws?

16. #16 ChristopherABrown, Aug 30, 2014
    The right I speak of is not from the 1792 bill of rights. It is before that.

Lincoln referred t
    Those certainly are the rights first mentioned, but they are not specifically rights with due process. Those are the unalienable rights, that if abused by government, we are then empowered by "alter or abolish" as later codified to to use as defense of the unalienable rights you mention.

I'm making a point here. The point is that no school ever teaches Americans about this right of action in defense of rights in a 1859 speech in Ohio with, "the people are the rightful masters of the congress and the courts".

17. Let us all riot until the schools all teach our rights! No school left behind!

18. Excellent idea! But a peaceful assembly teaching teachers about Article V will be more effective.

19. The only speech I could find on Lincoln in 1859 Cincinatti Ohio was all about slavery and Douglas and Kentuckians. Is that the speech you are referring to?

20. The Declaration of Independence is not law, nothing in it is enforceable unless later codified by the US Constitution and subsequent laws your lawmakers have chosen for us to follow. Mostly along party lines and political majorities with wide ranging variances among the 50 states and out territories. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.