Unpopular Food Opinions

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Cereal Killer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Scribble: you just explained to me the origin of Concinnati spaghetti. I run a kitchen at a restaurant and have ran that on special a few times but ours is just regular chili over spaghetti. It so fuckin good. I picked it up from the first guy I cooked with but he didn't have a reason for calling it Cincinnati spaghetti.

Thank you.

2. Cincinnati chili is the bomb  :yummy:

Never had Larosa's, I'll have to try it next time I'm in the area! I'm from KY, so I'm not too far out.

3. not a fan of cheesy popcorn.,

4. I hate how popcorn gets stuck in ur teeth or on the back of your tongue. I enjoy the taste of popcorn but don't eat it often.

5. I like seafood and corn on my pizza.

6. #46 SlightlyStonedSD, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    Any meal is improved if it's either wrapped in a tortilla or sandwiched with the right bread.

Edit- and more efficient
    [​IMG]

7. Coffee is supposed to be drank black, in my opinion.

8. Dude that is good as fuck, I thought i was the only one who did that.

9. I take some crunchy pretzels and cheese and put them on bread, then put that in the microwave for 20 seconds. Good shit!

Sent from my N8000_USA_Cricket using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Another thing i love is when im making something like a burger, i substitue pretty much all the toppings for a fried variety. Pickles, cheese, and onion are all fried on my home cooked burgers

Sent from my LGLS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. fucking genius i tell you!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. beef tongue.  pretty fuckin good.

13. That's not unpopular. That's just straight up American.

14. This is probably going to make some people sick.  I grew up in an area where no food is wasted.  One of my favorite foods is called ach'ee.  It's sheep intestines wrapped around a stick covered in fat and then grilled.  It's fucking delicious.  Sheep brains and scrambled eggs.  Another great one.  I had an aunt that would keep a sheep head in her fridge with the top of the skull removed.  That way she could dip the brains out of the head.  

I also love quelites.  A plant the grows wild here.  It's kind of like spinach.  I cook it with pre-cooked black beans and chili pequin flakes and a little bit of salt to taste.  Another favorite is back bone stew.  You make a stew with a sheep's spine, some cracked corn, celery and potatoes.  It's always accompanied with fry bread or navajo tortillas, roasted Chimayo green chili and blue corn meal mush with cedar ash.  I can spend hours digging out the marrow.  Soooo good.  

Roast mutton leg on an open grill is another favorite.  Sashimi is amazing.  Raw fish is so delicious.  The only sashimi I couldn't handle was jellyfish.  It had the consistency and look of snot with blood flecks in it.  The texture was worse.  Never again.  

I have one really odd food that most people couldn't handle.  I pickle beets. I adore pickled beets.  But that's not the odd food.  When I finish off a jar of beets I save the juice.  I boil eggs and put them in the pickled beet juice then I let it sit in the fridge for about a week (or longer when i forget).  The eggs soak in the juice and colors the eggs:

[​IMG]

Pretty and delicious.  The only downside is to make sure after you eat these you stick your butt out the window for the rest of the night.  The farts can peel paint off a wall.  :p

I also like pickled okra (slimy) with garlic bulbs and pequin peppers.  I'm just a big fan of pickled stuff I guess.

15. I think you just ended this thread...those eggs would be cute to give your kids on Easter!

16. There is a old school butcher shop near my town that has thinly sliced blood & tongue sausage love that stuff.

Now on the other end of the spectrum black licorice makes me angry enough to drop kick puppies

17. Balut from the Philippines. There on business.....got drunk....ate it despite knowing better...vomited profusely. It is a local favorite! It is basically a fertilized duck egg... image.jpg

18. I don't get why people dip their hot wings in ranch. Hot wings are delicious by themselves and you're diluting the flavor and spice with nasty ranch!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I can't eat crustaceans. They just look like giant bugs.

20.  Health food. I dont want food that taste like a vitamin bar.

Give me deep fried cheese wrapped in bacon.